I love breakfast but if you run on an iced latte until lunch, I hope these easy recipes inspire you to try more for your morning meal. The only tools you need are a bowl, plate, knife and spoon.
Oatmeal, A Million Ways
- Pour one packet Quaker Original Instant Oatmeal in a bowl, follow directions for water or milk to taste.
- Top with a dollop of low-fat or nonfat plain or vanilla yogurt and a sprinkling of Kashi GoLean Crunch.
- Add to that any combination of the following: sliced peaches, fresh berries, flaxseed, drizzle of honey, slivered almonds, peanut butter, sliced banana, dried fruit, kiwi, cinnamon, lemon or orange zest, or almost anything you can think of that sounds good.
Not Your Average Rice Cake
- Take one pre-packaged rice cake and either…
- Spread with a tablespoon of peanut (or almond/cashew) butter and top with sliced apple, sliced dates, and a drizzle of honey
- Slice bananas and sprinkle slivered almonds and cinnamon on top
- Spread with a little plain low- or nonfat Greek yogurt and sprinkle granola (or other crunchy cereal), raisins, and dried cranberries on top.
One of my other favorite ways to eat breakfast with no access to an oven or stove is to make a smoothie. Coming soon, I’ll share ways to get your smoothie fix that are way healthier than grabbing one at the local coffee shop. For now check out these all-you-need-is-a-bowl breakfasts.