While we all want that bikini bod this summer, these stars remind us how a healthy lifestyle can transform your body and mind. From fresh fitness to clean eating, see which A-listers lived the good life this week.
1. A Brazilian’s beach body. Who knew Victoria’s Secret model Alessandra Ambrosio was a longtime fitness rookie? “When I started with Victoria’s Secret at 21, I never worked out," the model confessed, saying she really learned how to sweat it out after she became a mom. "I like doing bridges, and I’ll also finish a workout with 100 bicycle crunches," Ambrosio told Us Weekly. The veteran supermodel also got real about body image and insecurities, saying that she wants her daughter to know, "A perfect body isn't everything. A perfect butt doesn't make an amazing person."
2. En vogue vegan. Yet another celeb is taking on the 22-day vegan challenge! Jennifer Lopez took a tip from Bey and Jay and dished all the details to Ryan Seacrest. “I've got to tell you I enjoy it,” Lopez said. “I enjoy eating that way. I didn't know how good you can feel when you put healthy stuff in your body."
3. Body talk. Supermodel Heidi Klum drops jaws on the cover of Us Weekly’s Body Issue saying, “Me, I like it when I'm more fit. I feel very comfortable with the way I am right now." At the shoot, Klum revealed her diet secrets: "I'm pretty good about not eating too many carbs. I love vegetables!” And what’s the one food you’ll never catch her indulging in? "I don't eat bagels—no way!" she added. "A bagel is basically a cardboard box...Usually I'll have a smoothie in the morning." Kickstart your day by adding these 10 super greens to your a.m. smoothie!
4. Mind over matter. Leave it to Jessica Alba to keep it honest. “It’s more important to have a balanced approach instead of trying to be perfect,” the actress told People. Alba finds her balance with hot power flow yoga (“It’s my new jam") and healthy smoothies in the morning: “I feel good and have a lot of energy when I start my day off with a great smoothie.” Her balanced lifestyle is certainly paying off. She’s flaunting her killer bod on this week’s Entertainment Weekly for her upcoming flick, Sin City: A Dame to Kill.
5. New adventures, new exercises. Actress Nina Dobrev took her workout to new heights with a recent pic saying, “High in NY. Just hanging...out. #Rockclimbing #NYCBaby.” Dobrev has been known to uphold a healthy body image, previously saying, “Starving to be skinny isn't my thing.” The Vampire Diaries star stays in shape with surfing, spinning, and hot yoga. She also adheres to The Moyer Method; her go-to trainer Steve Moyer told us, “We focus on core work and all-around fitness: strength, coordination, balance, flexibility, and endurance.”