While some celebs are starting fresh this week with new diets and shows, others are talking early retirement! Check out our top picks for this week’s roundup. What has you talking? Tweet us @Shape_Magazine, tag us on Instagram, or let us know in the comments below!
1. Starting fresh. Gym BFFs Gwyneth Paltrow and Tracy Anderson are teaming up yet again, this time to launch “The Restart Project,” an original web series on AOL debuting December 16. Paltrow is a longtime devotee to Anderson’s expertise and daily dance cardio sessions. Her trusted trainer recently divulged the actress’ fitness secrets to us, but this latest business venture is proof these two are committed to a healthy life in every aspect. "[The women in this show are] not focused on getting into their skinny jeans,” Anderson says. “They're focused on healing themselves from the inside out."
2. Green dream team. Our favorite power couple has embarked on a 22-day vegan challenge. Beyonce and Jay-Z decided to go meat-, dairy-, and egg-free from his 44th birthday (celebrated with a lunch at Café Gratitude) until Christmas. The rapper took to his website writing, “This all began a few months back when a good friend and vegan challenged me to embrace a ‘plant-based breakfast’ everyday.” Up for the dare yourself? Check out our boyfriend-approved vegan recipes and mouthwatering vegan Mexican recipes.
3. Mini-me meditation. Models start them young. Gisele Bundchen shared a precious photo of her perfecting her yoga alongside adorable 11-month-old daughter Vivian saying, “Thank you auntie Fafi for capturing this special moment." And this isn’t the first mother-daughter meditation! Bundchen also stretched it out with her daughter at 6 months—now that’s model behavior.
4. Early retirement? Just after releasing her new album, Britney Spears is gearing up for her new Vegas show "Piece of Me." But this could be the last chance we get to be wowed by the pop princess. Revealing to Extra that she might retire after the 96 shows currently on schedule, Spears said, "I may have two more kids and get married." We'll be savoring the star's potential-last hurrah while practicing the yoga routine that got her fit for her two years in Las Vegas.
5. Let them eat cake. Move over William and Kate, there’s another royal couple on the rise. Where else would Kim Kardashian and Kanye West get married but France’s legendary Palace of Versailles? It seems like nothing is too grand for Kimye, and according to Us Weekly, “They are not working with a budget.” Who wants an invite?