The Biggest Celebrity Baby Announcements of 2012
Babies always seem to steal the spotlight, especially when they have famous parents, and this year baby bumps and incredibly cute infants were all over the news.
Probably the most exciting announcement worldwide was the news that Kate Middleton and Prince William are expecting their first child. Although the duchess seemed to be having a rough go of it initially, she's out of the hospital after being diagnosed with hyperemesis gravidarum and is recovering. We hope she's able to enjoy the rest of her pregnancy!
She's not the only expectant mother, though: Rumors are flying that Jessica Alba may be pregnant with her third child, and supermodel Gisele and football-playing hubby Tom Brady welcomed baby girl Vivian Wednesday morning. This is the couple's second child.
While it's hard to pick a favorite celebrity baby (they're all so cute!), here are a few fit celebs we love who welcomed a new addition to their family in 2012.
1. Beyonce: 2012 kicked off with the birth of Beyonce and Jay-Z's daughter, Blue Ivy. The couple have been very stringent about keeping their baby girl out of the spotlight, though Bey did post some cute personal photos of the family on her official Tumblr account.
2. Pink: SHAPE's November cover model welcomed daughter Willow in May 2012. The singer says that after gaining 55 pounds during her pregnancy, she wanted to be kind to her body and opted not to rush into losing the weight immediately. Go behind the scenes of her SHAPE covershoot to find out how what diet and workout secrets she employed to get her pre-baby body back.
3. Jessica Simpson: Simpson wins the award for the cutest baby announcement! She announced via Twitter on Halloween last year that she was "going to be a mummy!" On May 1, 2012, she and fiance Eric Johnson welcomed baby girl Maxwell Drew Simpson. In related news, the 31-year-old singer and mom recently announced she's pregnant again. Congrats, Jessica!
4. Adele: The British songwriter and singer gave birth to a baby boy in October, though she and her fiance have been very mum on the subject and never released an official statement. Her rep said the couple is planning on raising their son in the U.K. and away from the spotlight.
5. Kourtney Kardashian: Although Kardashian gave birth in front of the cameras for the season finale of Keeping up with the Kardashians in September, true fans know that Penelope Disick was actually born on July 8.
That's a lot of celebrity babies! Who do you think should be on the list? Let us know in the comments below and then be sure to pick up your copy of OK! magazine today to read more about 2012's biggest baby announcements!