If you need a little workout motivation this week, look no further than the fit, fabulous stars who have been busy showing off their athleticism and abs the past few days. From triathletes to Britney to Victoria’s Secret Angels, here are the top five stories that have helped us get to the gym. And don’t forget to share your thoughts on these stories in the comments below or tweet us @Shape_Magazine.
1. Brit Brit in a bikini! While on set filming the video for her new track “Work B***h” in Las Vegas, Britney Spears tweeted this photo of herself in a teeny blue bikini and killer heels. Clearly our June cover model’s yoga workout is working, and she’s also doing Olympic-style training with lots of intervals, E! reported.
2. The fast and the famous. Several big names, including James Marsden, Jillian Michaels, and Jon Cryer, took part in the 2013 Nautica Malibu Triathlon on Sunday. Props to all the finishers, especially The Client List star Colin Egglesfield for third place (1:44:51) and New Girl’s Max Greenfield for fourth place (1:49:14) among celeb men. Greenfield’s secret? “100 percent CrossFit,” he told us. And way to go Heather Tom! The Bold and the Beautiful actress won top prize for celebrity ladies with a time of 1:54:19.71.
3. A more vivacious View. On Monday Jenny McCarthy made her much-anticipated debut as a host on The View. The bubbly bombshell and former SHAPE cover girl also brought new beau Donnie Wahlberg along for support. The outspoken autism activist fills the humor void left by Joy Behar and is not known for holding her tongue on what she thinks. We think she’s a great addition to the round table.
4. This year’s angels were announced. The line-up for the annual Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show has been released, and the December 10 show is going to be stellar. We’re excited to see Candice Swanepoel, Lily Aldridge, Alessandra Ambrosio, and Adriana Lima strutting the catwalk but will miss Miranda Kerr, who has clipped her wings for motherhood.
5. Now we can get a DWTS body. Just in time for the September 16 debut of season 17 of Dancing With the Stars, professional dancers Karina Smirnoff and Kym Jonson have released a new workout DVD. “Latin Sizzle and Groove” uses salsa, paso, and samba moves to shimmy your body to perfect condition.