What’s the only thing better than seeing a strong leading lady on the big screen? Seeing one bring that confidence to her day-to-day life. These A-listers get our thumbs up for striving to be their best selves both physically and mentally. Who inspired you this week? Tweet us @Shape_Magazine, tag us on Instagram, or let us know in the comments below!
1. Never too many cooks in the kitchen. Celebrity besties Cameron Diaz, Reese Witherspoon, and Drew Barrymore took to Napa Valley for a gourmet cooking class. The #girlstrip2014, as hashtagged by Witherspoon, included a handmade pasta and pizza class, plus what we can only imagine as plenty of wine!
2. Frequent flier fitness. After landing for Paris Fashion Week, Victoria's Secret model Karlie Kloss bent backward into wheel pose and shared a picture captioned: “my favorite way to combat jetlag...STRETCH!” Kloss recently told OK! Magazine that she stays fit in the winter with, “a little bit of exercise, a little bit of health and nutrition. And also, exercise,” adding, “even though it’s cold outside, it’s good to stay in a routine. Whatever that routine is for you.” Want to know what yoga poses other supermodels swear by? Watch this video to find out!
3. Body peace. After gaining about eight to 10 pounds, Jada Pinkett Smith shared on her Facebook that she was nervous about her Oscar gown fitting. But the dress fit “perfectly!” As for the extra LBs? "I think I will keep it," wrote Pinkett Smith, explaining she likes "being a lil...fuller;)” Take weight fluctuations in stride—check out these perfectly normal ways your scale may be going up and down.
4. New beginnings. Congratulations Scarlett Johansson! The Her actress is expecting her first child with fiancé and French journalist Romain Dauriac. It’s no secret just how strong Johansson is—she’s a known fan of kettlebell workouts, pull-ups, and of course good ol' cardio. So we couldn’t be happier for her as she takes on her newest, and most important, role of all.
5. Fashion for a cause. The stunning Elie Saab gown that Angelina Jolie wore to the Oscars made many best-dressed lists and proves the actress not only looks good, she also feels good. Speaking exclusively to Entertainment Weekly, the Maleficent star, who went public with her double mastectomy, said that she feels “much closer to other women, and women who are going through the same thing.” She also noted that she still has another surgery, alluding to her genetic risk for ovarian cancer, which killed her mother at the age of 56.