Your body is your temple, and these stars show they know just how to treat it right. From clean eating to fresh new workouts, check out Hollywood’s healthiest with this week’s roundup. Which stories have you talking? Tweet us @Shape_Magazine, tag us on @Instagram, or comment below.
1. In defense of Dunham. We can always count on Joan Rivers for a good laugh, but her latest blast may have taken it too far. Rivers turned her tongue on Lena Dunham on Howard Stern’s radio show saying, “You're sending a message out to people saying it's okay, stay fat, get diabetes, everybody die. Lose your fingers." Stern rushed to Dunham’s defense saying, "I don't think she's sending a message to anyone other than 'I want to make you laugh.'” We applaud Dunham for her famous nudity scenes, which show—above all—her positive body image and healthy body acceptance.
2. Feeding her face. Take a cue from Jennifer Aniston—beauty comes from the inside out. "I always like to read labels so I know what's going into our food and what's going into our bodies,” says Aniston in a recent interview for Aveeno’s “The Beauty of Nature” video. The actress also practices Yogolosophy with teacher Mandy Ingber, who’s been working with Aniston for years and showed us her favorite poses here.
3. Ballet baby. Congratulations Doutzen Kroes! The supermodel is six months pregnant with her second child. Kroes, who already sculpts her long, lean body with Mary Helen Bowers’ Ballet Beautiful, says her go-to mommy-to-be workout is none other than Ballet Baby. “There aren’t any particular moves that I do to make me feel stronger or better because the entire workout does that,” Kroes previously told Us Weekly.
4. Relaxed fit(ness). Comfy in baggy sweats, Charlize Theron looked as zen as could be as after her yoga workout this week. In addition to yoga, the actress stays trim with a ballet-inspired, total-body workout designed by trainer Fedele De Santis. “Charlize is an extremely serious, focused, professional, no BS, balls-to-the-wall client,” De Santis told us. “She is so tenacious—my nickname for her is Thundercat!”
5. Berry good. Frozen Greek yogurt + blueberries = one delicious, guilt-free dessert from Lucy Hale. “Try it and life is forever changed," she posted to Instagram. After previously opening up about her struggle with an eating disorder, the Pretty Little Liars actress is committed to living a healthy, well-balanced life. "I like to run, and I work out with a great trainer sometimes,” Hale told E! News. “I recently got into hot yoga...which was, up until a few months ago, like, forbidden! I hate the heat, but having to stand still and relax has been really good for me.”