Everyone wants to support Team U.S.A. in these final days of the Olympics, and the stars are right there cheering with us. Check out who's sending love to the athletes and how your favorite celebs are staying in gold-medal shape. What stories inspired you this week? Tweet us @Shape_Magazine, tag us on @Instagram, or comment below.
1. Easy A. He may have an Olympic medal, but breakout skier Nick Goepper won an even better prize after getting a personal shout-out from his celebrity crush, Emma Stone. "I just wanted to say hi to Nick and good luck to all of the Winter Olympians,” the star said in this adorable Entertainment Tonight video. The 19-year-old athlete has been quite vocal about his crush on the actress throughout the games, and after regaining his composure he responded, "Emma, if we ever meet up, if we ever cross paths, I'd like to hang out for five minutes, that's all I ask.”
2. “Let’s do this.” That's how Khloe Kardashian appropriately captioned her latest gym pic. The reality star is entirely focused on her fitness after losing nearly 30 pounds last year; she’s even encouraging sister Kourtney to stay motivated with fun workouts, like their recent aerial acrobatics class. A toned physique has been a longtime goal for Khloe. She recently told Cosmo U.K., “My 2014 mission is to wear a crop top with jeans. I’ve never done that so it has to happen one day.”
3. Taking it outdoors. Forgoing a boring dinner date, Julianne Hough joined her dogs and hockey player boyfriend Brooks Laich for a hike in L.A. The former dancer knows a thing or two about fitness. She loves everything active from SoulCycle to the Tracy Anderson Method but admits keeping up her fit form isn’t easy. "This last year has been about moderation and not killing my body and sleeping,” she told E! News. “Honestly, doing workouts throughout the day. I'll just be sitting there [on the set]...doing my triceps dips or something. Just anywhere."
4. Couples therapy. Also doubling up for sweaty fun was Alessandra Ambrosio, who zenned out with fiancé Jamie Mazur, posting a sweaty selfie captioned, “Feeling good #poweryoga #namaste.” The two were later spotted grabbing rejuvenating green drinks to cap off an all-around healthy day date. Can’t get to a studio? Ambrosio’s go-to fitness guru, Justin Gelband, taught us how the bombshell stays fit anywhere with this total-body, no-equipment workout.
5. Defying gravity. Who says modeling is easy? Kate Upton was completely weightless during her shoot for the back cover of Sports Illustrated’s 50th Anniversary Swimsuit Issue. The model floated in a Zero G airplane, of course still managing to look amazing. Upton, an SI vet, enlisted trainer David Kirsch for her cover-ready regimen last year. “She loves boxing and kickboxing, because she loves kicking my butt,” said Kirsch, who shared her secrets with us here.