Hollywood has been busy, busy, busy this week. If you missed the week's biggest celebrity baby news, catch up here. Plus, get the deets on Jessica Simpson's b-day party, steal J.Law's workout secrets, and find out the latest star to take on the no-Photoshop challenge.
1. Gosling baby on the way! Sorry ladies, but heartthrob Ryan Gosling is officially a daddy-to-be. The Notebook star is expecting a baby with longtime girlfriend Eva Mendes. (That noise you hear? That's the sound of a million hearts breaking all at once.) OK! magazine broke the news that Mendes is seven months pregnant, and the couple couldn’t be happier. “She’s been ready for motherhood for a while now,” one source told the publication. “To be sharing this experience with Ryan is a dream come true for her.” Can we expect wedding bells in the near future? We’re not sure! But either way, we’re sending our best wishes to the happy couple.
2. Skipping into shape. We knew Jennifer Lawrence would make for an entertaining workout buddy, but we had no idea the star would be this much fun. Lawrence’s go-to fitness guru, Joe Horrigan, who’s responsible for getting the actress Hunger Games-ready, said J-Law sweat it out by skipping. Yes, you read that right. Horrigan told Teen Vogue that J-Law’s regimen included, “running, cycling (road, mountain, classes, or simply a regular stationary bike), or various aerobic classes such as dance classes and hiking." But above all, the fun-loving star’s "go-to was skipping." Where can we sign up?
3. Stars go au naturale. Retailers are slowly joining the fray of voices opposing Photoshop in advertisements and magazines. Juniors brand Bongo is the latest to jump on the bandwagon with its newest campaign, which stars Vanessa Hudgens totally unretouched. Still, the brand is quick to point out that Hudgens was professionally made up, had her hair done, and photographers were on set to adjust for lighting, so the photos are not entirely natural. Hudgens looks gorgeous, which makes us wonder: What would they have Photoshopped in the first place!?
4. Belfie ban. The Big Bang Theory star Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting looked tan and toned while showing off her yogi headstand on the beach in Cabo San Lucas. She recently dished to Us Weekly that she works out four to five times a week, saying: “I do SoulCycle, yoga, and horseback riding—I love to be active and just get out there and be outside.” Even though her hard work is paying off, we can always count on Cuoco-Sweeting to keep it real after photographers took some unwarranted pictures of her derriere. “Thank you for managing to capture the best and WORST angles of my ass that's humanly possible,” the star joked on her Instagram. “You make dreams come true.”
5. Vowing to be vegan. She's a newlywed again! Jessica Simpson made for one gorgeous bride as she showed off her wedding dress waistline while saying "I do" to husband Eric Johnson last weekend. To get into shape for the big day, Us Weekly reports that the Weight Watchers endorser turned her diet up a notch by going vegan for two weeks leading up to the wedding. But don’t think that the bride-to-be was totally restrictive over the holiday weekend! Simpson still allowed herself to enjoy the 4th of July by indulging in fried chicken at a barbecue the day before her nuptials. The singer also celebrates her 34th b-day today and noted it last night with a post-celebration, no-makeup selfie on Instagram, captioning it, "And the sun sets on 33."