If you're like us, you love hearing about what your favorite healthy celebs are up to—what they're eating, where they're working out, and who's been flaunting their famously fabulous bodies. To help you stay in the know, we are launching a new weekly round-up of top celebrity news here on the Fit & Famous blog. No, we will not be sharing gossip (let's leave that to TMZ, shall we?). Instead, we'll report on our favorite famous ladies' SHAPE-y outings and updates. So, here you go!
1. The “healthie” is a thing now. You’ve posted selfies—now if you’re proud of the results you’re getting at the gym or the fact that you did one more pull-up than normal today, post a “healthie.” Stars including Miranda Kerr, Gisele Bundchen, and Heidi Klum have all posted images of themselves working up a sweat, and this is one trend we fully support.
2. Gwyneth Paltrow rocks Stella McCartney’s new swimwear line. No matter how you feel about her, you can’t deny that 40-year-old mother of two Gwyneth Paltrow is in amazing shape—just check out this photo of her leaping in the air wearing a snakeskin two-piece designed by her friend Stella McCartney. She’s looking healthy, toned, strong, and youthful, and doesn’t appear to have a speck of makeup on!
3. Jennifer Aniston is just like us. Okay, so the We’re the Millers star isn’t really like us, but the fact that Jennifer Aniston dismissed pregnancy rumors by admitting she has put on “just a couple of pounds” made us love her more. Let’s face it: The diehard yoga enthusiast has one of the best bodies in Hollywood, and showing that a fluctuation of a few pounds is totally normal makes us feel better. (It happens to us too, Jen, you’re not alone!)
4. Lady Gaga can’t keep her clothes on. Mother Monster is back with a new single, “Applause,” and she’s making her presence felt with a series of skin-baring photos. (Would we expect anything less?) Gaga is the cover girl for the latest issue of V magazine, wearing a see-through plastic and safety pin ensemble on one of the four covers created. The “Born This Way” star also showed off the results of her recent weight loss in a naked performance art video for Marina Abramovic’s Kickstart project.
5. Celebrities are getting a piece of the pie. We know stars love to eat healthy, but that doesn’t mean they don’t enjoy an indulgence or two. The latest craze sweeping Hollywood is Pi Bake Shop where stars including Julia Roberts, Emma Roberts, David Duchovny, and Barbra Streisand have been flocking to get chef Morgan Simons’ classic baked goods. Try her vegan, gluten-free peach pie recipe from OK! magazine.