Summer may be over but our fitness regimen is just starting to heat up! And you’ll never guess who in Hollywood is stepping up their game just in time to shimmy into their fall denim jeans. Think we missed something? Tweet us @Shape_Magazine, tag us on @Instagram, or comment below.
1. Gisele Bundchen's new project. Brazilian supermodel and VS angel Gisele is the latest in a long line of high-profile celebs to land a a spot in Under Armour's newest campaign, I Will What I Want. In it, Bundchen takes on her critics as she literally boxes away comments from people that say "Stick to modeling sweetie," or "She's too old," and "Gisele's too built." We love seeing strong women take on haters and win, so more power to Gisele!
2. Girl talk. “I want girls to love themselves,” stresses Kate Hudson in this month’s issue of Red U.K. magazine. The actress and Fabletics founder, who previously won a lawsuit against a tabloid’s false claim that she had an eating disorder, explained herself by saying, "If there is one thing I will never have, it is an eating disorder. I won't have girls—even if it is just one or two who care—thinking that. Because it is a serious sickness, not something to plaster on the cover of a magazine. And I am the opposite." Instead, Hudson prefers to stay healthy by sweating it out au naturale. “I work out to feel great but also to look great,” she previously dished to us. “There’s no way a woman gets up to work out at 6:30 a.m. just for the mood boost. She wants to fit into her jeans and look fantastic too.”
3. We’re blown away. Congratulations are in order for Carrie Underwood and husband Mike Fisher! The couple announced that they are expecting their first child with a Labor Day riddle on Twitter. Underwood shared a picture of her two dogs sporting "I'm going to be a big brother" and “big sister” t-shirts with the caption: "In honor of 'Labor' Day...Ace & Penny would like to make an announcement. Their parents couldn't be happier!" We’re sure the longtime vegetarian and recent vegan will be one healthy mom-to-be.
4. When the cat’s away. Flaunting her incredibly fit physique, Nicole Scherzinger radiates health and happiness in her latest bikini pic captioned: “Happy Labor Day from #Ibiza #Formentera!!! #Godbless.” The X-Factor judge and Pussycat Dolls singer recently opened up about her previous battle with bulimia and now lives an all-around balanced lifestyle. She dished on her moderate diet to InStyle U.K. last June saying that aside from her refrigerator staples (almond milk, arugula, and eggs) she enjoys her indulgences as well. "I also love my pasta and cheeses, and I really like red velvet cheesecake and Kettle Chips," said Scherzinger. As for her workout? The pop star points to cardio and squats for that all-over burn.
5. Nothing but net. Watch out Nick Young! The L.A. Lakers player’s unstoppable girlfriend Iggy Azalea killed it on the court this weekend—sharing a video of her skills, no caption needed. The rapper recently made waves for her collaboration with J. Lo on the remix of her single “Booty,” which features cover art of the duo’s famously toned derrieres. Need some motivation before you start dropping it into a squat set? Grab your earphones and listen to Iggy and these other MTV VMA showstoppers for your next workout!