With right hooks and the right mindset, these celebrities get our nod of approval for staying strong inside and out. Who inspired you this week? Tweet us @Shape_Magazine, tag us on @Instagram, or comment below.
1. Auf wiedersehen toxins. Supermodel Heidi Klum is off to a clean start this year with the Master Cleanse detox—and she has the pictures to prove it. She used her Instagram to chronicle her diet of fresh lemon, maple syrup, and cayenne pepper drinks. And we're happy to see that after five days she added in whole foods such as hard-boiled eggs, juicy tomatoes, and avocado.
2. Wish we were there. While the rest of us were freezing our buns off this week, Reese Witherspoon was showing hers off in a bikini. The actress took her sneaks to the sand while attending a wedding in Hawaii and captioned her picture of paradise, “Gorgeous day for a run on #Waikikibeach.” Her former trainer, Michael George, previously revealed that Witherspoon often bypasses the gym and instead takes light dumbbells on hikes and pauses along the way to do strength-training moves.
3. One-two punch. Some people take their workouts a little too seriously. Not model Cara Delevingne, though, who shared a picture of herself outside a boxing ring sporting a “kill” helmet and what looks to be a sledgehammer. She's spoken out before about how the stress of her job causes her to stay thin, but we're betting it has more to do with kickboxing, which is also a great tension-buster.
4. Her hips don’t lie. In fact, Shakira keeps it very real. "My man, Gerard, prefers meat over bone. He doesn't like too skinny," the songstress and new coach on The Voice revealed. Of course, it doesn't hurt that the Colombian singer and dancer loves to move; she’s worked with trainer Anna Kaiser four to five times a week, combining ballet, body conditioning, and dance cardio to maintain her enviable body.
5. Black belt beauty. Not just a pretty face, Adriana Lima can pack a mean punch too. The Victoria’s Secret Angel frequents the Aerospace NYC gym with trainer Michael Olajide five to six times a week, perfecting her fighter form and modeling inspirational strength. In a recent interview with Refinery29 she explained, “Boxing is like therapy; it really takes away all your thoughts. It's so intense and you have to focus a lot on what you're doing—body and mind. And the results, of course, are great." Check out her moves below!