It’s T-minus three days until the 86th Academy Awards and your favorite A-listers are busy getting ready for the red carpet. You’ll never believe who completed a 10K, who went blonde, and how the stars are prepping for the biggest night in Hollywood. Follow us in all our Oscar coverage and tell us how you’ll be spending this Sunday night: Tweet us @Shape_Magazine, tag us on @Instagram, or comment below.
1. A sunny outlook. Hollywood icon Julia Roberts has gone blonde! The August: Osage County star and Best Supporting Actress nominee debuted lighter locks in place of her longtime auburn tresses last Friday. When asked about her beauty routine by You magazine, Roberts replied, “I think optimism and having a sense of humor definitely help, but happiness is something you cultivate. Once you find it, that’s the key to looking beautiful.” So that’s her secret to that winning smile!
2. Striking gold. Pro figure skaters Tara Lipinski and Johnny Weir are going from rink side to red carpet as correspondents for Access Hollywood’s Academy Awards preshow. The duo gathered quite a fan base as commentators for NBC in Sochi with their fabulous fashions (Weir posted daily pictures of his outfits) and candid commentary, so we’re positive they will provide some highly entertaining moments. “I am so excited to be a part of the biggest night in Hollywood,” said Lipinski, who previously dished her fitness secrets to us. “We are excited to keep the fun rolling.”
3. J-Law keeps it real. Undoubtedly Jennifer Lawrence will continue her love affair with Christian Dior Sunday night, following a slew of Dior dresses this awards season and a freshly pressed ad campaign featuring her fierce new pixie cut. “I have the final fitting on the day of the awards,” she told Deadline. “So I just hope it fits.” Of course, don’t bet on the Best Supporting Actress nominee to adhere to a pre-Oscars diet! Instead Lawrence has been letting loose with a bucket of fried chicken while filming the Hunger Games: Mockingjay in Atlanta.
4. Rookie of the Year. Not only does 12 Years a Slave breakout star Lupita Nyong’o have 29 awards and counting, she also has some of the biggest names in fashion dying to get their hands on her. But this isn’t all fun and games for the former fashion student! “I got to work and started researching,” she said in a recent interview. While we can only guess who she'll be wearing, one thing we know for sure is that she'll have glowing skin. "I use avocado oil and Hawaiian kukui oil on my face,” she told she told Glamour. “I like to keep things natural, simple, and straightforward.”
5. Setting the stage. What’s the only thing better than a star-studded night of your favorite actors? An evening with your favorite in music as well! Pink is set to perform during the show and has been getting in tip-top shape for the performance. “Ran my first ever 10k today!!! Woohoo!!!,” she Tweeted Tuesday. “It took me 18 hours but at least I did it:)” And if the Academy Awards are anything like her killer aerial dance routine at the Grammys, we’re in store for some show-stopping strength. Check out what she told us about her rock-star routine.
Be sure to follow along with Shape and contributing editor Kristen Aldrige as we live-tweet the Oscars this Sunday at 5 p.m. EST.