Fall is here! And even though the weather is cooling down, Hollywood is sweating it out more than ever. Find out which celebs turned up the heat in their fitness routine this week. What keeps you moving? Tweet us @Shape_Magazine, tag us on Instagram, or comment below.
1. Day by day. No doubt Jennifer Hudson looks better than ever—the singer has not only lost 80 pounds since 2009, but she’s also managed to keep them off with lifestyle changes. “It’s a battle in losing weight and it’s a battle just the same in just being healthy and conscious,” she told Access Hollywood. “But I just take it one day at a time.” The Weight Watchers spokesperson also stays active with calorie-torching workouts by trainer Harley Pasternak and by playing basketball. Her advice for others trying to slim down: "Do it for you,” says Hudson. “You have to do it for you.”
2. This is not another juice cleanse. Wondering how Robin Wright gets her glowing completion and slim physique? The actress is a fan of the Reset Booster Cleanse Detox Program, a “21-day detox diet that helps eliminate toxins, improve skin and drain excess fat from your body,” according to Access Hollywood. But don’t write this one off as just another Hollywood juice fad. Instead, the nutrition program calls for eating whole, unprocessed foods—something we all can do! Get back to the basics in your own kitchen with these five foods to detox your body.
3. Inner strength. We already knew Jennifer Lawrence is one strong woman, but her latest Dior campaign video is yet another reminder of just why we adore her. "A powerful woman is someone who exudes confidence and can be tough but fair and kind," she says. Adding, "And also knows how to get what she wants." The actress has always been refreshingly honest when it comes to succumbing to Hollywood’s pressure to be thin. "I hate saying, 'I like exercising.' I want to punch people who say that in the face," she previously told Glamour magazine. "I do exercise! But I don't diet. You can't work when you're hungry, you know?"
RELATED: Celeb Body Image Quotes We Love
4. Bearing it all. Former Good Morning America host, Joan Lunden, is bald and beautiful just one week after her first chemo treatment on the latest cover of People magazine. "I had to make this big decision about whether or not to do the cover with no hair,” she told the magazine. “It certainly isn't the comfortable way to go, but I decided I was going to try and help others and show women that this isn't the end of the world." After being diagnosed with triple negative breast cancer this past June, Lunden will let fans follow her journey by appearing on a weeklong series of segments on the Today show and writing about her experience on her personal blog. "You can go on,” she continues. “And that was hugely empowering."
5. For the fun of it. If this is Jessica Biel’s yoga, where can we sign up? “To me yoga means finding a balance between taking yourself seriously and not seriously at all,” the star captioned one Instagram pic of her nailing a headstand and holding her balance in tree pose while drinking out of a mug and reading Dr. Seuss. Adding, “#thisismyyoga.” Biel, a longtime yogi, previously explained her love of the exercise to Elle magazine, saying: "Yoga is a constant for me because it keeps my muscles long and flexible.” The actress also loves boxing, martial arts, and getting active outdoors.