With the MTV Music Video Awards and the Emmys just around the corner, this week Hollywood’s biggest stars are turning their fitness game up a few notches. Find out who’s turning up the heat and sweating it out. Think we missed something? Tweet us @Shape_Magazine, tag us on @Instagram, or comment below.
1. Final hour fitness. If there’s one thing for sure, it’s that Sofia Vergara will be a showstopper at the 2014 Emmys next week. "Ramping up for Emmy season, we have changed up Sofía's workout routine to stimulate her muscles further and push her to the next level," the Modern Family star’s trainer, Jennifer Yates, revealed to E! News. And while that means lat rows, deadlifts, and crunches for Vergara, Yates says an at-home plank to pike for about 1 minute can get you those A-list abs. In addition, the actress follows an “everything in moderation” diet mentality. “I’m very lucky, I love healthy eating,” she previously told The New York Times. “I love fish, I love eating vegetables, and I love salads. But I also love desserts.”
2. Getting physical. Watch out Ryan Sweeting! It looks like Kaley Cuoco takes no prisoners during her tennis matches. The couple shared this adorably hilarious pic of Cuoco pretending to smash her racquet on her smiley, unknowing tennis pro hubbie captioning it, “This guy didn't know what hit him on the court today.” While we wait for the word to come in on who made match point, check out our sexiest tennis players at the U.S. Open.
3. One price fits all. Turns out that “Stories...” tattoo was a hint all along! Kelly Osbourne is finally set to debut the clothing line we told you about last year, and it will be called “Stories... by Kelly Osbourne.” Coming out the end of September, the collection will provide fashion at an affordable price up to size 24. The Fashion Police cohost famously dropped 70 pounds since 2009 and told People, “In my research, I’ve found that the prices go up after size 10 and that really hurts my heart — it’s not fair! So with my line, the size 2 will be the same price as the size 24.”
4. Making a comeback. Two-time mirror ball champion Julianne Hough will officially be returning to Dancing with the Stars—as a judge. She popped in as a guest judge last season, but don’t let her sweet looks fool you—she is honest and direct. Will nepotism be an issue with her brother Derek competing? “It’s not necessarily about Derek and the pro dancer; it’s about a collaboration. It’s the team effort, it’s what they’re doing as a partnership, and really the celebrity and what they can do to improve each week,” she told Good Morning America.
5. Hitting the right notes. Looking ab-tastic Rita Ora! The singer dropped jaws in this midriff-baring ensemble displaying a lean, mean six-pack. Her secret? Barrecore, a 60-minute dance-based interval program with alternating stretches. “I’m not a massive cardio fan, not that anyone really is, but this pulses your body to the music,” Ora recently dished to Harper’s Bazaar on the exercise. “Its shaky—you almost feel like Bambi, but it’s really good for you.”