It has been confirmed! After months of speculation, Kate Middleton is officially pregnant. Although the royal family had been trying to keep it under wraps because the pregnancy is in its "very early stages," the palace released a formal statement this morning after the Duchess was rushed to the hospital due to a severe case of morning sickness. (Learn more about this condition in the video below.)
Recently Kate changed her hair to include bangs (perhaps to conceal her fuller face?) and they have been all the rage. She also made an appearance on November 30 at St. Andrews (pictured), the grade school which she attended from 1986 to 1995, where she formally opened the new AstroTurf field hockey field and christened it by playing a quick round in her heeled black boots. (Nice try to distract us, Kate!)
As a noted fashion icon, praised for her svelte and incredibly toned body (she's 5'10" and a size 2), it seems now all media attention will be focused on her abdomen and what the little bundle might be named. In honor of the new royal addition, however, we had to reflect on how this fit and famous lady has stayed so in shape throughout the years.
1. She loves to play sports. In boarding school she ran cross country, swam, and played tennis and field hockey.
2. She stays active on vacations. She was photographed in 2005 on a ski trip with the royal family in Kloster, Switzerland.
2. She has a personal gym. And it was built for her from the royal decree of hubby William. No big deal.
3. She works out an hour every morning. A royal source told Now Daily in May that "Kate does an hour's workout every morning using the gym ball and dumbbells, which includes some core exercises like squats, sit-ups, and arm curls."
4. She eats small portions. A source told Examiner.com that she is "extremely discplined" in what she consumes.
5. She followed the Dukan diet to trim her physique and swam and rowed to get ready for her wedding day.
Of course, we are dying to know what her workouts will look like during her pregnancy! But this is the one occasion where losing her rock solid abs is A-okay with us. Congratulations to the royal fam!