Forget about labels and best-dressed lists! We believe that confidence is the sexiest thing a women can wear and this week, these Hollywood A-listers uphold just that. Who gives you a dose of inspiration? Tweet us @Shape_Magazine, tag us on @Instagram, or comment below.
1. Setting her own standards. Supermodel Kate Upton sizzles on the cover of Elle U.K. and defends her famous womanly curves, saying: “Because I’m from Florida, it’s all about being in bathing suits. It’s a different view of beauty there.” She continues to explain how people labeled her as “healthy” once she grew into her figure. Her response? “Wait—what? I’ve been begging for this body my whole life!”
2. Fitness on the fly. Twilight actress Ashley Greene took her workout to new heights with a trapeze session, calling it an “awesome adventure” on one aerial Instagram shot. Greene spoke to us before completing her first 10K last month and shared this fun fact: The Twilight girls stayed motivated by incorporation some friendly competition in their workouts! “We ended up having different winners in different areas,” she said. “I think I ran the fastest mile, but Nikki Reed did the most squats.”
3. Jumpstarting her day. “#StrongBodyStrongMind,” captioned Karlie Kloss on a post-morning workout pic of the supermodel doing a high jump in sneakers and a sports bra. "I like to exercise and get moving first thing in the morning," Kloss recently revealed for her Nike ad campaign. The fitness lover takes a range of classes from SoulCycle and Pilates to ballet and running, but admits she has trouble spots just like everyone else. "I personally find it difficult to tone my inner leg muscles," Kloss said.
4. Body of work. In light of her recent (and very exciting!) baby news, Zoe Saldana stripped down to talk about how she’s learned to love her body as she ages. "My body is less toned. I do look in the mirror and see things I don't want,” she says openly. "My first reaction is I breathe and I think, 'I'm a woman. I'm 36. My body is changing.'" And her second reaction? "I do feel beautiful in a way that even when I was working out a whole lot, I sometimes didn't," the Guardians of the Galaxy star continues. "You'll never be completely happy, so at the end of the day it's like, 'F--k it. Just be happy, regardless.'"
5. Smoothie selfies. “My favorite way to get my greens in…." wrote Demi Lovato on an all-smiles pic of her and her power drink. The pop star looks like the picture of health and has come along way after publicly struggling with an eating disorder as a teenager. “I don't have the body of a model or Barbie,” she told Teen Vogue last year. “I have my problem areas, but I'm happy in my skin right now. I'm not going to sacrifice my mental health to have the perfect body."