From the gym to the mountain trails to the Great Wall of China (seriously), our favorite celebrities stay active in every environment, as this week's roundup proves. How do you incorporate fitness into your lifestyle? Tweet us @Shape_Magazine, tag us on @Instagram, or comment below.
1. Split session. It appears the Great Wall of China is a great place to do splits—at least for singer Katy Perry, who dropped into one while visiting the monument on Sunday. Perry recently told Access Hollywood that she stays active by hiking and sporting a step-counting armband, aiming for 10,000 steps a day. For more rigorous body sculpting, she turns to trainer Armando Alarco, who says she loves cardio activities like the elliptical, running, and jumping rope. Apparently she’s been increasing her flexibility as well!
2. Stairway to heaven. Step by step, Kourtney Kardashian is back on her fitness grind and using an old bikini picture of herself for inspiration. The reality show star posted an all-serious gym selfie captioned, “day one” and later filmed her StairMaster session saying, “Back at it!” The eldest Kardashian sister told Us Weekly that she has a 7 a.m. at-home wake-up call with her trainer or dances to Tracy Anderson’s 90-minute routines, adding, “And when I don't do that, I go for a jog or do morning yoga.”
3. On point. The latest celeb to jump on the ballet bandwagon? Taylor Swift! She’s been hitting trainer Andie Hecker’s Ballet Bodies class, also a favorite of Natalie Portman, Ginnifer Goodwin, and Christina Ricci. The workout sculpts long, lean dancers’ bodies through basic Pilates moves. Swift has previously said that she tries to run an hour on the treadmill each day: "For me, running is about blasting a whole bunch of new songs and running to the beat.” Try our at-home, ballet-inspired workout.
4. Trailblazing tone-up. “Rise to shine! Morning hike to start the day off right! #goodforthesoul,” Lea Michele wrote on Twitter, posting photos of her alfresco workout. The known vegetarian (and on-again, off-again vegan) loves anything outdoors from rock climbing and yoga to speed walking and bike riding. “I try to eat well,” she previously told us. “And everything I do is really just to make me feel my best.”
5. Picture of health. Forget the popcorn—Vanessa Lachey opted for a green drink during movie night. She shared a picture of Orchard Flats Cold Pressed Juice captioned, “Happy Friday! Juice (day 3) and a movie. #Rush.” Lachey is all about mixing fun and fitness. “Turn your workout into a social activity,” she recently wrote on her blog. “Take a Zumba class with your girlfriends, go to the gym with your hubby, take your baby for a walk in the park—do anything that will increase your heart rate and get you sweating, and make it enjoyable!” Couldn't have said it better ourselves.