It’s Halloween, but our minds are more on celebrities’ bellies than which candy to fill our own with. Check out who’s pregnant, who’s showing off their abs, and who’s whipping up tasty green smoothies. Think we missed something? Tell us in the comments below or tweet us @Shape_Magazine.
1. Diapers and dumbbells. How do we love Kerry Washington? Let’s see, the Scandal star is a mindful eater (she frequents farmers markets, natch), avidly practices Pilates, and rarely indulges in a drink, saying, “Who needs those empty calories?” And now she’s revealed she’s pregnant with her first child with NFL hubbie Nnamdi Asomugha. We’re sure she’ll stay fit throughout the nine months, perhaps by doing this “scandalous” workout.
2. Hardcore style. While sporting a Jason Wu crop top in London this week, Gwyneth Paltrow’s shirt wasn’t the only thing cut—the 41-year-old actress flaunted seriously ripped, washboard abs. If that’s not inspiration, we don’t know what is! Learn Tracy Anderson’s A-list body secrets to tighten your midsection like Gwyn.
3. Seasonal sips. Swapping Snickers for smoothies, Jessica Alba put a healthy twist on her Halloween treat with a homemade power potion. The actress shared a picture of a kale, raspberry, and strawberry shake on Instagram with the caption, “Happy Saturday Ghoulish Green Smoothie!” Check out Alba’s Honest blog to learn the recipe.
4. Imperfect angels. Victoria’s Secret model Doutzen Kroes isn't just the cliche pretty face. “Sometimes it makes me feel guilty now that I am in this profession that makes certain girls insecure," she told US Weekly. The authentic angel added that without her fleet of hair, makeup, and Photoshop gurus, “I wake up sometimes like, this is not what I see when I look at the magazine, who is this visitor in the bathroom?" We have to say—thank you for keeping it real!
5. The dancer’s diet. Dancing With the Stars vet Karina Smirnoff dished on her eating philosophy to PEOPLE. “You want to find a way to be happy, full, energized, and finding that lifestyle with food that makes you feel the best,” she said. For the Ukrainian beauty, that means filling up on smoothies, trail mix, and even chocolate! We can get on board with that. She also follows an active lifestyle of cycling, hiking, and regular yoga.