If a force in motion stays in motion, then these celebs prove that they’re forever a force to be reckoned with! Find out which A-listers got moving and kicked up their fitness routine this week. What stories have you talking? Tweet us @Shape_Magazine, tag us on @Instagram, or comment below.
1. Susan’s healthy secret. Wondering how Susan Sarandon looks so amazing at age 67? "If you want to age gracefully,” the star dished to People, “You don't smoke cigarettes and probably laugh a lot, and get the normal amount of exercise, eat well, and stay out of the sun would be the main things.” Sarandon regularly walks, bikes, and hits the treadmill for 30 minutes, but says that her favorite way to stay fit actually started with a gift from a friend—boxing!
2. Social support system. “No more excuses,” declared Kim Kardashian, who took to Twitter this week to rally support for shaking those last pesky pounds of baby weight. “Not gonna complain anymore,” she wrote. “Starting diet TODAY! No carbs. Crazy workouts. Who’s with me?” Kim K. previously slimmed down for her wedding day with an Atkins-based diet, and regular trips to fitness classes like Barry’s Bootcamp and SoulCycle. Are you with her? Get the low-down on why group exercise classes can actually boost your weight loss.
3. She’s not messing around. Talk about discipline! Megan Fox is eating no carbs whatsoever to get her body where she wants it to be. "I cut out all bread and those sort of carbohydrates. No crackers, no pretzels, no chips. Nothing unhealthy," Fox recently confessed to E! News. Think she’s kidding? "The worst thing I put in my body is coffee, once a day,” the actress asserted. What’s more, the bombshell also revealed that she has said goodbye to her sex life as well, recently telling the ladies of The View that her two-year-old is to blame. While we admire Fox, a cheat day never sounded so good!
4. Pint-sized powerhouse. “Little girls big balls,” joked Kelly Ripa on one muscle-flexing pic posed with the talk show host’s go-to trainer, Anna Kaiser of AKT IN MOTION. Kaiser has worked with Ripa for years using her own interval method—a combination of circuit training and dance-based routines—for 90 minutes, four to five days a week. She previously dished to us the secret to the Ripa’s insane six-pack (Spoiler! It’s a good plank.) and gushed, “[Kelly’s] work ethic is more insane than anyone I’ve ever met! She’s so driven, present, excited, and focused.”
5. Hole-in-one health tricks. Victoria’s Secret model Behati Prinsloo (And newly wed to husband Adam Levine!) took a break from the runway to perfect her golf game on the putting green, captioning “#madeit” on one mid-swing pic. The bombshell has previously dished to ELLE that her favorite forms of exercise are the ones spent in the sunshine and put beach volleyball at the top of her list, saying: “In the summer I really love to be outdoors, so I try to keep it like, hiking, and going to the beach and doing fun things.”