While some may choose to beat the summer heat, these A-listers opt to sweat it out in it. Who motivated you to get outdoors this week? Tweet us @Shape_Magazine, tag us on @Instagram, or comment below.
1. Two’s company. Congratulations are in order for Kristen Bell and Dax Shepard! The Veronica Mars star is expecting her second child after giving birth to daughter Lincoln nearly 15 months ago, and according to a rep, "The whole family is beyond excited." One thing we can count on for sure is Bell’s healthy, balanced approach to fitness with a little one. “My go-to workout is usually hiking,” she told People. “I often will strap the baby to my chest for the hike...[Hiking] is easy; it doesn't take anything away from anything, because my whole family’s coming on the hike.”
2. Mind over matter. Orange Is the New Black star Taylor Schilling may play a prisoner, but she feels like anything but in her own skin: “I don’t feel bound by my face or my body," Schilling told Allure. "I don’t feel like that’s the biggest gift I have to offer the world.” She continued, “There’s freedom in not having to make it about how my jeans fit or what my boobs look like in a top...all I have to do now is play.” Wondering how that confidence stands when the orange jumpsuit is, well, off? “I have a really moderate, simple routine. I like to do yoga, Pilates, dance, and things like that,” Schilling told us in a previous interview. “I didn’t change up my routine for the role. I wanted to be as I was.”
3. Gnarly Gleek. Trading solo songs for surf sessions, Lea Michele hung ten at an Oakley Learn to Ride Surf event in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. It seems like the sport was an instant hit for the starlet; she later gushed, “#JustHavingTheBestTimeOfOurLives” on one beachside pic. Michele loves getting active outdoors and has done it all from rock climbing to hiking to Bikram yoga. “Working out for me is something I do when I feel like it," she’s previously explained. "But it’s really about feeling good and taking care of my body rather than having to fit into any sort of model or anything like that."
4. Never-ending Namaste. A sweaty Kaley Cuoco Sweeting exposed a rock-hard core after attending a yoga class, only to double-dip her workout later that day for the Humane Society’s Wheels For Seals event with SoulCycle. "I'm a big SoulCycler! I do it all the time," the Big Bang Theory actress told Us Weekly. "Basically my full wardrobe when I'm not working is all SoulCycle apparel, so you see I'm basically there all the time. I love spinning. It's my thing. I'd say I work out four to five times a week—I do SoulCycle, yoga, and horseback riding—I love to be active and just get out there and be outside.”
5. Work b**ch. Who inspires Miranda Lambert to power through her run? Britney Spears (naturally). "Like, if I put on Britney, I can picture Britney's body and I'm like, 'Oh! Faster!'” the country singer half-joked during a recent interview. And the Princess of Pop couldn’t be more flattered: "#regram So flattered by this @mirandalambert! My sister @jamielynnspears just showed me. You look amazing!!” Spears responded via Instagram. Channel your inner Britney yourself with her five go-to yoga moves for that sleek, toned, “You want a piece of me?” physique.