We love a good success story. From Lindsey Vonn’s comeback to Golden Globe nominations for some of our favorite fit actresses, it seems like everyone in Hollywood is having a good week. What stories caught your attention? Tweet us @Shape_Magazine, tag us on Instagram, or let us know in the comments below!
1. Snow queen. Look out Sochi 2014: Lindsey Vonn is back! Not even three weeks after re-injuring her surgically repaired ACL in a crash November 19, the skier competed in the World Cup this past weekend. With an 11th-place finish in the downhill and fifth in the Super G, things look promising for the Winter Games. Vonn told USA Today, "I'm happy to be back. I was definitely very nervous having been my first race in 10 months. I was expecting a lot more but that's just who I am. I hope to win every race I enter."
2. Golden girls. Nominations for the 2014 Golden Globes are out! From Kerry Washington’s fierce lead in Scandal to Lena Dunham as defending champ for Girls to Sandra Bullock’s out-of-this-world body in Gravity, we can’t even begin to pick our favorites. The one thing we know for sure? They will all stun on the red carpet.
3. Killer "konfidence." According to reports, Kim Kardashian "feels confident again" about her body. The reality star and new mom to daughter North lost the baby weight by running or weight training daily, and started following the Atkins diet in June, focusing on eating lean protein, healthy fats, fruits, and vegetables.
4. Page-turning payoff. Shameless is right! Emmy Rossum bares it all—almost—for Esquire, and everyone is talking. She works hard for that body and is reported to be a regular at barre, spin, and combo cardio-and-strength-training classes. She also sticks to a clean, gluten-free diet and enjoys green juices but isn't a fan of cleanses.
5. 50 shades of green. To prep for all those racy scenes in the upcoming Fifty Shades of Grey, Dakota Johnson turned to The Juice Box a couple of times a day. According to E! News, she and director Sam Taylor-Johnson have a standing order for the organic cold-press juices. Johnson also seriously worked out for the first time in her life, telling Entertainment Weekly last month, “Obviously, I want to look good naked. I totally understand now why people exercise, because it kind of f—ing feels awesome.” We hear you on that one sister!