We’re all for living the best life and celebrating those who do the same. From trim bodies to trim tresses, these are the celebs who got our nod of approval this week. Think we missed something? Tell us in the comments below or tweet us @Shape_Magazine.
1. Country strong and slim. She won best female vocalist at the Country Music Awards last night, but the buzz about Miranda Lambert is around her amazing svelte figure! She told E! News that the big 3-0 (her birthday is Sunday) prompted her to want to get healthier, and she’s been running and juicing.
2. Refreshingly honest advice. When it comes to frank statements about body image, you can always rely on Jennifer Lawrence. During a conversation with Yahoo! CEO Marissa Mayer and audience members yesterday, a father asked the Hunger Games star how young girls can handle others who judge them based on appearances. “Screw them,” replied Lawrence, going on to add that we need to stop these unrealistic expectations for women. Check out the video below for her full answer.
3. A great rear view. At the Thor movie premiere, Jaimie Alexander showed off her superhero strength in an Azzaro dress that left little to the imagination—and left us wondering, how can we get a body like that?! Alexander recently shared her go-to butt exercise with us and attributes the rest to “a lot of yoga and Pilates because I needed to be very flexible and do a lot of martial arts.”
4. Fearless new lengths. Good-bye to “the Rachel” of the ‘90s! Jennifer Aniston’s now shorter, chicer, and healthier with a blonde bob. The actress cut her famed locks due to a damaging Brazilian treatment saying, “I’m always one of those girls who does a big old chop just to get it really healthy, to repair all the [damage from] hair coloring and stuff like that.”
5. Peek-a-boo abs. Also showing some skin this week was Kate Hudson, who stepped out in a sultry cutout gown at the LACMA Art + Film Gala. The secret to her jaw-dropping trim physique? Clean eating and 15 years of devoted Pilates, including her top four abs moves!