The best things in life don’t come easy, and these celebs remind us exactly why we want to put in the hard work. See who sweat it out this week for an all-around happy, healthy life.
1. Fighting strength. Former Dancing With the Stars co-host Samantha Harris shared that she has breast cancer and is set to have surgery later this month. After a routine self-examination, Harris, 40, detected a lump that just didn’t feel right. "It felt like an elephant was sitting on my chest," Harris told People. After resolving to have a double mastectomy, Harris is staying strong. "I felt so much calmer,” she said. Our best wishes are with Harris during her time of recovery.
2. Practice makes perfect. Sick of yo-yo dieting, Dancing With the Stars pro Cheryl Burke feels stronger than ever. "[I] tried every diet you could think of," she told Us Weekly. Now she credits her slim figure to clean eating, smaller portions, and 90-minute circuit training sessions with DWTS alum Leah Remini. Check out Burke’s fitness and beauty secrets!
3. Kate’s Achilles’ heel. Every woman has self-perceived body flaws—even Kate Moss. "I've got bow legs," the iconic supermodel told The Sunday Times U.K., meaning you will absolutely never see her in a mid-calf hemline. Still, Moss is obviously is in tremendous shape. The legend is a known fan of Jivamukti yoga, previously saying, “They call it moving meditation. It’s loud, loud music, so it’s dynamic, not boring.”
4. Sports bra shape. “Family hike in Paradise,” wrote Jaime King on her Instagram, which showed off her seriously toned abs. The Hart of Dixie star has longtime sworn by Paleta, an organic farm-to-table home delivery system, for her slim and trim figure. “It might be this smoothie that I really love of kale, pineapple, oranges, almonds, coconut, and pea protein,” King told People of her favorite Paleta dishes. “They also have a bison burger that’s really awesome.”
5. Gabby gives you permission to relax. Olympic gymnast Gabby Douglas reminds us that it’s okay to take a day off. "I work out so much that rest is really important," Douglas shared with PopSugar. "I find that when I don't rest, my trainings are sluggish, and I'm slacking. And that's really not good for me, because every day is important.” Aside from R&R, Douglas also credits loading up on protein, massages, and light cardio for her winning physique.