Busy as you are, you do have time to get your butt in gear—
literally. This ultra-fast workout is so effective because it attacks the three muscles that make up your derrière—the
gluteus maximus, gluteus medius, and gluteus minimus—
and works them from 360 degrees. By recruiting more muscle fibers at once, you increase muscle growth and sculpt your rear faster. Plus by strengthening these muscles, you'll create healthier hips since they support that ball and socket joint between your thighbone and pelvis.
How it works: For each exercise, perform as many reps as possible in 60 seconds, focusing on form. Do not rest between exercises.
You'll need: Nothing.
1. Can-opener. Lay on right side with legs extended. Place right arm directly under armpit with forearm and palm fully resting on the floor. Bend right knee to a 90-degree angle directly under hips with right shin perpendicular to body behind back. Place left hand on hip with left leg fully extended and foot on the floor. Brace core and raise left leg as high as possible. Pause, then lower leg. After 60 seconds, repeat on right side.
2. Butt-bender. Begin in same position as the can-opener. Brace core and raise left leg until it becomes parallel to the floor. Draw left knee into navel. Reverse direction. After 60 seconds, repeat on right side.
RELATED: The 2-in-1 Lower Body Workout
3. Around the world. Begin in same position as the can-opener. Elevate left leg until it becomes parallel to the floor. Make small circles with your foot for 30 seconds. Reverse direction for the remaining 30 seconds. Repeat on right side.
4. Kick-start. Begin in same position as the can-opener. Raise left leg parallel to the floor. Brace core and swing the leg forward as far as possible while keeping your back straight. Pause, then reverse direction. After 60 seconds, repeat on right side.
5. Burpee switchback. Stand tall with feet hip-width apart and hands resting at sides. Quickly bend knees and lower hips toward the floor. At lowest point, place palms on the floor in front of you and jump feet back behind you. Immediately jump feet foward again. Jump toward the ceiling, rotating torso 180-degrees to the right to land facing the opposite way. Perform another burpee, this time rotating torso to the left so you land facing forward again. Continue switching direction.
6. Pendulum swing. Begin in a traditional pushup position with feet hip-width apart and lower back naturally arched so you form a straight line from shoulders to heels. Drive right knee toward navel. Keeping knee bent, engage core and raise leg to the side until shin becomes parallel to the floor. Pause, then reverse direction. After 30 seconds, repeat on right side.