We all want to know how to get rid of back fat, muffin top, bra bulge, and cottage cheese legs. But as we all know, you can’t spot reduce.
The unique feature of the workout below is that it indirectly incorporates the whole body while strengthening and leaning out specific areas—as close to spot reduction as you can get! This is done through rapid muscle response® training, which consists of intense 30-second bouts of choreographed fast-flow activity. This type of movement recruits a greater amount of muscle fiber in a shorter amount of time than traditional exercise. Rapid muscle response® also increases stability, balance, and strength while creating a greater post-workout caloric expenditure, your best bet for shedding fat to reveal those hard-earned muscles that are buried underneath.
How It Works
Perform the exercises in order, completing as many repetitions as possible in 30 seconds before moving to the next move without resting. Do 1 to 3 circuits total.
1. Bra-Bulge Buster: Begin in a traditional pushup position. Lower down onto your right forearm. Pause, then place your right hand back on the floor and return to a pushup position. Repeat for 30 seconds with the right arm before switching to your left.
Coach’s tip: During the pressing portion, pretend you are blowing out your birthday candles. This will engage the core and stabilize your body. The harder you blow, the stabler you will be.
RELATED: Try the belly, butt, and thigh workout, and say goodbye to saddlebags and tummy pooch.
2. Melt Your Muffin Top: Begin in a traditional pushup position. In one movement, kick your right foot up toward the midline of your back while reaching behind you with your left hand in an attempt to touch your foot. Retract and repeat with your left leg and right hand. Continue alternating sides for 30 seconds.
Coach’s tip: Start slow by picking up your opposite hand and foot, alternating sides until you gain enough core strength and confidence for your extremtities to meet in the middle.
3. Belly Be Gone: Begin in a traditional pushup position. Simultaneously bend your right knee under your body, driving your right foot toward your navel while lifting your left hand until they touch close to your belly button. Retract and repeat with your left knee and right hand touching. Alternate sides for 30 seconds.
Coach’s tip: Keep your chin and eyes level by focusing on the floor, which will keep your spine in a straight line.
4. Arm Wiggle Away: Begin in a traditional pushup position. Fully extend your right arm in front of your body parallel to the floor. Circle your arm counter-clockwise for 15 seconds, then reverse and circle clockwise for 15 seconds. Repeat with left arm.
Coach’s tip: Keep your head focused toward the floor to keep unwanted stress off your neck and lower back.
5. Stem Slenderizers: Stand tall with legs shoulder-width apart and hands on your hips. Step back with your left leg and lower into a deep lunge. In one explosive motion, push off the ground and drive your left leg up and forward to perform a front kick. Immediately step backward and return to a deep lunge. Repeat for 30 seconds on the left leg before switching to the right.
Coach’s tip: To keep your back straight, imagine that you are squeezing a lemon between your shoulder blades, trying to make juice run down your spine.
RELATED: This fat-burning workout will turn the body you have into the body you want.
6. Butt Busters: Stand tall with both hands extended overhead, right foot slightly off the ground. Keeping your right foot off the ground, lower your hips down to a squat while simultaneously lowering your hands until they touch the ground directly in front of your feet. Shift your weight to your hands, then kick legs back so you are in a single-leg pushup postion balancing on left foot. Jump forward into a squat, then jump upward as you raise your hands toward the ceiling. Repeat for 30 seconds before switching to the right as your standing leg.
Coach’s tip: This is a single-legged burpee and is an extremely challenging movement. To ensure proper form and safety for beginners, break this protocol into five phases: squat, kick out, jump forward, squat, then jump up.