The female winner of the Wilhelmina/Shape Hot Body model contest is...Viktoria Telek. (I sent it out by Twitter earlier; if you want to follow me on twitter, my user name is vlatonaSHAPE) Viktoria shot a fitness piece with us yesterday; look for it in the June issue of Shape.
Why I loved Viktoria: Not only does she have an AMAZING body (with abs, I must say, that are fabulously sculpted) but she was very real. She seemed just like every one of us, which helps to prove the point that getting a firm butt, flat (sculpted) abs, and strong (lean) legs IS do-able. And you should have seen her do a V-pike on a stability ball (without the slightest bit of wobble); that tells you how strong her core is!
Some stay-fit tips that Viktoria gave me:
1) DO DOUBLE DUTY AT WORK: Viktoria works in commercial real estate in Miami Beach—and got rid of her desk chair years ago. She sits on a stablility ball, making her time at the desk more active. (No wonder she's got great abs!)
2) FIND SOMETHING YOU LOVE TO DO: You aren't going to exercise if you hate what you're doing. Find an activity you love to do and do it. Viktoria is a big fan of Wakeboarding, Kiteboarding, Stand-Up Paddleboarding, and Surfing (can you tell she lives near the beach!?)
3) MAKE TIME EVERY DAY TO EXERCISE: Everyone can find time (even just 15 minutes) in their schedule. By making a commitment to your body, you WILL see changes. (So true!)
4) PRACTICE THE ART OF PORTION CONTROL: Yes, you can indulge your sweets cravings (Viktoria is partial to sour patch kids) but eat in moderation. Don't ever cheat yourself or not give into a craving...as you'll just binge more later on. (Why I have an extra large Vivani Dark Chocolate bar in my desk drawer, very conveniently located next to my keyboard!)
5) HAVE A WORKOUT BUDDY (OR TWO): Viktoria started doing bootcamps with her friends on the beach...and found that they all loved doing it together. More and more friends have joined!
Now back to the stack of artcles I have to edit on my desk...