If you're already sad that summer has come and gone this year, why not perk up your day by eating some pineapple? Pineapple is a good-for-your food that's high in vitamin C and the enzyme bromelain that is a natural anti-inflammatory that encourages healing. Other pineapple health benefits? This sweet fruit is also full of fiber and is said to be good for the digestive system! While eating fresh pineapple is always delicious, there a number of ways to enjoy this healthy fruit. Read on for our five favorite pineapple recipes!
5 Pineapple Recipes to Try
1. Chipotle Shrimp and Pineapple Kabobs. We just love how the sweet pineapple pairs with the shrimp and veggies on the grill in these kabobs. Delish!
2. Mandarian Orange and Pineapple Parfait. Everyone loves a parfait! This fruity pineapple recipe even has a sprinkling of peanuts for extra protein.
3. Honey Lime Fruit Toss. The next time you need to bring a dish to share, why not make this fruit-salad recipe that features pineapple, banana, kiwi and strawberries?
4. Pineapple-Mint Lemonade. You may never make regular lemonade again after having this pumped-up pineapple version!
5. Upside Down Bran Pineapple Muffins. This pineapple recipe is one of our favorites for breakfast! The bran ups the fiber-gram count, boosting the health benefits of pineapple.
So what are you waiting for? Enjoy the health benefits of pineapple today with these pineapple recipes!