Easy to carry, these healthy snacks will keep you energized, full and ready to shop until you drop! Which may be never...
Black Friday shopping is upon us! And if you, like thousands of others, will be lined up at the stores bright and early to snatch up the best Black Friday deals, you're going to want to be prepared for a full day of shopping. So after you lace up those sneakers, be sure to pack these five snacks in your purse. Easy to carry, these healthy snacks will keep you energized, full and ready to shop until you drop! Which may be never...
5 Snacks to Carry While Black Friday Shopping
1. Trail mix. A mix of protein, fiber and carbs, whip up this Ultimate Healthy Trail Mix recipe and store in single-serving baggies for a snack that will fuel your shopaholic needs.
2. Baby carrots and hummus. Grab a handful of baby carrots (or your favorite veggie, such as celery or bell pepper strips) and a single-serving container of hummus, and place them in a resealable bag. Voilà! You have a healthy and filling snack for Black Friday shopping.
3. Guacamole with better-for-you chips. Think chips and guacamole are an unhealthy treat? Think again! High in healthy fats, guacamole is great at filling you up, and these guacamole snack packs make keeping your calorie counts low super easy. Pair it with a small serving of healthier chips, and it's shopping-snack perfection.
4. Apple and cheese stick. You just can't go wrong with something as simple and filling as a big ol' apple and a mozzarella stick. Easy to carry, full of vitamins and minerals, and energizing to boot!
5. Energy bar. All energy and protein bars are not created equal, but if you choose one of these healthier energy bars on Black Friday, you'll be glad you did!
Happy Black Friday shopping and snacking! How early do you plan on getting out to get your shop on?
Jennipher Walters is the CEO and co-founder of the healthy living websites FitBottomedGirls.com and FitBottomedMamas.com. A certified personal trainer, lifestyle and weight management coach and group exercise instructor, she also holds an MA in health journalism and regularly writes about all things fitness and wellness for various online publications.