You can even score free coffee to celebrate National Coffee Day!
Have you heard? It's National Coffee Day! When drank in moderation, coffee has some pretty amazing health benefits including reducing appetite, preventing diabetes and lowering the risk of some cancers. Ready to get your cup of Joe and start celebrating National Coffee Day? Here are five ways to enjoy your java!
5 Ways to Celebrate National Coffee Day
1. Get a free cup. Many coffee shops and businesses across the country are offering free cups of Joe to celebrate National Coffee Day. Hit up your local 7-Eleven and Krispy Kreme Doughnuts for your cup. Just avoid the sugary treats while you're there...
2. Eat a small handful of dark-chocolate-covered espresso beans. If you'd rather eat your coffee than drink it for National Coffee Day, this is the perfect dessert. They're rich enough to feel decadent, too!
3. Do a shot. An espresso shot! Nix the calories of sugary drinks, and go straight for the good stuff.
4. Put coffee in your smoothie. If it's too much to carry your smoothie and a cup of coffee to work, combine them by throwing some instant coffee granules into the next smoothie you make. It goes excellent with chocolate protein powder and a banana!
5. Order a skinny latte. Bypass the high-calorie drinks, and order a low-fat small latte with no whip. Filled with calcium and protein, a latte turns this drink into more of a snack.
Happy National Coffee Day, everyone! How will you celebrate?
Jennipher Walters is the CEO and co-founder of the healthy living websites FitBottomedGirls.com and FitBottomedMamas.com. A certified personal trainer, lifestyle and weight management coach and group exercise instructor, she also holds an MA in health journalism and regularly writes about all things fitness and wellness for various online publications.