Looking for the best diet to drop pounds in 2012?
Looking for the best diet to drop pounds in 2012? The DASH Diet, which stands for Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension, is tops, according to a new report from U.S. News & World Report. The magazine ranked a total of 25 diets and found the DASH Diet to be best for its nutritional completeness, safety, ability to prevent or control diabetes, and role in supporting heart health.
So exactly what is the DASH Diet and how can you follow it? Below are Shape's best articles on the DASH Diet to share all that you need to know about this healthy way of eating!
Top 5 Articles on the DASH Diet
1. 5 Foods You Can Eat on the DASH Diet. From veggies and fruits to lean proteins, there's a lot of variety on the DASH Diet.
2. 5 Tips to Get You Started on the DASH Diet. Not sure how to try the DASH Diet? This article helps!
3. Today's 5 Hottest Diet Plans. See how the DASH Diet stacks up to other popular weight-loss plans.
4. Top 5 Foods You Can Eat While on the DASH Diet. Think that being on the DASH Diet means boring, bland food? Not the case. From pizza to burgers, following the DASH Diet can be super delicious.
5. DASH Diet Best Overall Diet by Consumer Reports. This isn't the only ranking that has put the DASH Diet at the top.
Have you tried the DASH Diet? Will you in the New Year? Share your thoughts!
Jennipher Walters is the CEO and co-founder of the healthy living websites FitBottomedGirls.com and FitBottomedMamas.com. A certified personal trainer, lifestyle and weight management coach and group exercise instructor, she also holds an MA in health journalism and regularly writes about all things fitness and wellness for various online publications.