Happy Wednesday! This week's been a busy one in terms of news. Here's a quick recap of the health and celeb stories we've been following.
1. A royal baby is on the way! Perhaps the biggest news story of the week is that Kate Middleton is pregnant and in the hospital with hyperemesis gravidarum (HG), otherwise known as extreme morning sickness. We're wishing her a speedy recovery!
2. Birth control may soon be available OTC. The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists has officially recommended that birth control be sold over the counter, saying that the potential benefits outweigh the risks. While the official decision rests with the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), this news has ignited a debate among the medical community.
3. A new study indicates there may be a link between head trauma and brain damage. There's long been speculation about whether prolonged head trauma (such as the kind football or hockey players tend to receive) can cause brain damage that leads to violence or depression. The latest research shows there may, in fact, be a relationship between having your head knocked around repeatedly and long-term brain disease, so be sure you wear your bike helmet.
4. Actor Frankie Muniz suffered a stroke. Last week, while riding his motorcycle, 27-year-old Muniz suffered a mini-stroke. Once thought of as something that only strikes the elderly, the number of strokes in people under 45 is growing, and the American Academy of Neurology recently received a grant to study stroke in younger populations, ABC News reports.
5. The 2012 VS Fashion Show. Hailed as the "sexiest night on television," the 2012 Victoria's Secret fashion show aired Tuesday night. Featuring performances by Rihanna, Justin Bieber, and Bruno Mars, as well as eye-catching theatrics, tons of glitter, and even more oversized signature wings than last year, the show was truly a must-watch. Missed out on the action? We went behind the scenes to talk to the models about how they prep for fashion's biggest night. Check it out!