We've made it halfway through another week (albeit a short one)! With September officially upon us, summer might be coming to a close, but that just means it's almost time for changing leaves, cozy knits, and pumpkin spice lattes.
What are we loving this week? Here are our favorite healthy tips to help you transition from summer to fall smoothly.
1. Delicious homemade kale recipes: After a summer of beer, barbecues, and more, what better way is there to detox than to pull straight from a good-for-you fall staple? FitSugar shared their favorite three clean-eating kale recipes to help you recover from the indulgences of summer and get your weight loss, digestive system, and liver back on track.
2. Jaw-dropping yoga: Fall can be pretty busy: It's the start of a new school year, Halloween's right around the corner, and winter is coming. Before you dive in headfirst, take a moment to relax by watching this intimate video from L.A.-based Equinox yoga instructor Briohny Smith and her husband Dice Lida-Klein. See them perform some partner moves and then read their tips for balancing life, yoga, and relationships.
3. Skinny pumpkin spice lattes: Because sometimes you just have to give in. We love this pin we found for a lightened-up pumpkin spice latte from blogger Gina at Skinnytaste. (Check out the picture above—doesn't it look divine?)
4. September superfoods: Take advantage of the fall produce already starting to ripen and enjoy the last of the summer harvest by adding these superfoods from Huffington Post Healthy Living to your cooking repertoire this month. You'll get more fiber, boost your immune system, and jump start your fall weight-loss progress.
5. The hottest new beauty products: We slicked, slathered, and spritzed our way through hundreds of products to find the best of all things beauty for the 2012 SHAPE Beauty Awards. See which ones came out on top, and then enter for your chance to win! You'll be ready to face the new season with a fresh new look.
Photo courtesy of Skinnytaste.com