Shape Shares: Gear Up for Winter
It's hard to believe October is halfway over, which means fall will soon be slipping away and winter will be coming to take its place. Here are some of our favorite tips and resources to help keep you and your family healthy as it continues to cool down.
1. Prevent colds. You may share a living room, but you don't have to share a cold! Even if everyone you live or work with seems to be coming down with something, you can prevent catching a common virus or bacterial infection with these tips from the editors of FitSugar.
2. Eat breakfast every day. Not only can it be a nice, relaxing start to your day, but numerous studies show that people who eat breakfast every day sleep better, lose more weight, and have more energy than those who don't. Still not convinced? These benefits of breakfast from Huffington Post Healthy Living might change your mind.
3. Take comfort in food. When the weather outside is frightful, snuggle up to something delightful—in a healthy way, that is. Our friends at Greatist have shared their top 31 favorite healthy comfort food recipes. Bon appétit!
4. Remember that you deserve some love too. Women often get caught up in caring for others. Your health, sanity, and well-being are important, and neglecting yourself can put your health at risk. Follow these tips from SheKnows and start focusing on yourself today.
5. Have fun! October's not over yet. Why not enjoy some of these low-cal Halloween treats? Plus, if you're still in need of a little Halloween inspiration, check out these fitness-inspired costumes. They're sure to be a hit!