With Thanksgiving behind us, the holiday season has officially begun. While it's often a time of great cheer, it can also be highly stressful. We've compiled our best healthy tips and tricks to help you hit the ground running this season, so you can enjoy the most wonderful time of the year—stress free.
1. Make gift giving easy this year. Spend less time waiting in line and more time celebrating with loved ones! We did the dirty work for you and nabbed the perfect gifts for everyone on your list—from the fitness fanatic to the fashionista to the domestic diva. Check them out!
2. Navigate the holiday buffet with ease. Between happy hours, family get-togethers, and office parties, the holiday season can be a veritable smorgasboard of temptation. Lose calories, fat, and sodium (not flavor) by checking out these easy holiday food swaps.
3. Check out this list of things that made Christmas great in the '90s. Jonathan Taylor Thomas in I'll Be Home for Christmas? Adorable! Boy bands in santa robes? Genius! FitSugar's provided 43 ways the holiday season rocked in the '90s, and I'll be honest: I can't stop looking at it.
4. Find out which airports have the healthiest food options. The holiday season often includes traveling, but you don't have to let it derail your diet. Huffington Post Healthy Living rounded up the 20 airports in the U.S. that provide the most well-rounded, nutrition-rich dietary options. If you find yourself grounded in one of the airports listed, you'll know what you're up against.
5. Give thanks. Don't limit the thanks giving to one day! Studies show that gratitude makes you healthier and happier. Take a moment this holiday season to think about what you are thankful for, whether that be your friends, family, pets, job, significant other, or the perfect pair of shoes.