Happy New Year! Whether or not you made resolutions, if you want to make 2013 your healthiest year yet, it doesn't hurt to have help. We've rounded up the top five healthy living resources you need to make your goals a reality. Here's to a fit and fun year!
1. Your healthy living panel. We've tapped the top diet and fitness experts to support your diet and fitness efforts. From Jillian Michaels to Zumba Fitness instructor Kass Martin to SHAPE fitness editor-at-large Jay Cardiello, these experts are the best at what they do. We'll be showcasing their tips on SHAPE.com as well as chatting with them on Facebook and Twitter all month long. Stay tuned for the full lineup!
2. The right fitness gear. Whether you're a dedicated gym-goer or a fitness newbie, you'll need the proper sports bras, shoes, and more, and there's no better time than now to splurge on some brand new equipment. FitSugar put together a list of cute, stylish, and practical clothes, bags, and gym accessories. As they say on Parks and Recs, "Treat yo'self."
3. Inspiring stories to keep you going. Losing weight is one of the most popular resolutions, as well as one of the most easily broken ones. Not everyone falls off the wagon, though. The editors at Huffington Post Healthy Living rounded up 10 inspiring stories of readers who aimed to lose weight—and reached their goal.
4. Little tips to be more productive. One of the most common complaints we hear from people is that they don't have enough time to exercise. These 27 tricks from the editors at Greatist will help you get and stay organized, no matter what it is that you're hoping to do, which will ultimately help you to better use the hours you do have to accomplish more.
5. A healthy meal plan. If you feel like your diet could use a fresh start, take our seven-day clean eating challenge. With five simple guidelines and a week's worth of dinner ideas, it makes eating well a snap.