Today Time magazine released its list of "The Best 140 Twitter Feeds to Follow in 2014," and naturally our eyes scanned right to the health and food genre. Ranging from straight health news to hilarious food quips, you will find at least one new person to follow.
For a taste of the best, we highlighted one of our favorite tweets (some informative, most hilarious—because what is a good tweep if not hilarious?) from the group below.
1. @TheFoodLab, Serious Eats managing culinary director J. Kenji López-Alt
— J. Kenji López-Alt (@TheFoodLab) May 2, 2014
2. @DavidChang, chef and founder of the Momofuku restaurant group
— Dave Chang (@davidchang) May 3, 2014
3. @ClevelandClinic, one of the top hospitals in the U.S.
— Cleveland Clinic (@ClevelandClinic) May 2, 2014
4. @JamesHamblin, senior editor at The Atlantic
Poignant comment on the illusion of free will pic.twitter.com/n5k7mLs9E5
— James Hamblin (@jameshamblin) April 19, 2014
5. @HaertlG, head of PR and social media for the World Health Organization
— Gregory Härtl (@HaertlG) April 14, 2014
6. @amandahesser, former New York Times writer and co-founder of the site Food52
— amandahesser (@amandahesser) March 12, 2014
7. @ModFarm, quarterly magazine and daily website “for people who care about where their food comes from”
— Modern Farmer (@ModFarm) May 2, 2014
9. @Farzad_MD, former national coordinator for health information technology at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
I want one of these for team meetings! It's walk 'n talk for bikers! pic.twitter.com/9crOb8B14f
— Farzad Mostashari (@Farzad_MD) April 18, 2014
10. @NPRFood, NPR’s food blog "The Salt"
This Hamster Gets To Eat Two Tiny Burritos http://t.co/hFWAV5zg9w
— NPRFood (@NPRFood) May 2, 2014