Last week I shared my spinach smoothie formula and as promised, here’s another “secret spinach” recipe I’ve been tinkering with. I love how this version came out (can't believe I forgot to take a pic before passing them out! sorry!), and I think they taste even better a day or two after baking!
If you whip them up please let me know what you think. And be sure to store them in the fridge (they store best wrapped in wax paper then foil or in a sealed container) and eat them up or toss them out within 4 or 5 days since the ingredients are so delicate.
- ½ cup organic whole wheat flour
- ½ cup almond flour
- 1 cup organic raw sugar
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups raw spinach
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, stir together the flours, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
- In blender whip the water, olive oil, vanilla and spinach; mix until smooth.
- Fold wet ingredients into flour mixture until the mixture forms a uniform batter.
- Spread evenly in a 9x13 inch baking pan.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in preheated oven (poke brownies with a fork or knife - if it comes out clean they're done). Let cool for at least 15 minutes before cutting into squares.
Do you have unusual ways to eat your veggies? Do you like mixing bitter veggies with sweet ingredients to make them more palatable (my hubby loathes mixing fruits & veggies or sweet & savory but I love it)? Please share your thoughts and ideas!