A lot of people make losing weight their number one New Year’s resolution. My resolution this year is not just to lose weight but to commit to a permanent, healthy lifestyle. I am committed to sticking with exercising, eating healthy, and setting life goals that I can achieve and maintain in 2012 and beyond.
I recently went to a workshop set up by my life coach called “Envision Your Life.” One of the exercises was to brainstorm a list of values that speak to us. After much thought and dialogue with the coach and other women in the room, I boiled my values down to five:
1) Slow down and be present: This means being more calculated and calm when making decisions instead of being in a reactive state.
2) Welcome solitude and silence: It’s okay to be alone and enjoy ‘me’ time.
3) Be more accepting: I need to stop judging myself and others and accept flaws.
4) Branch out: I should continue to maintain and grow my friendships and relationships with others.
5) Find balance: I need to strive for inner peace and calm within myself.
Our 2012 Weight Loss Diary writer, Yasmin, is a 32-year-old web content producer who is looking to get healthy and love her body! Follow along on her year-long weight loss journey!