If you love Mexican food you’ll love my quickie recipe
I absolutely love Mexican food! Because it’s my all-time favorite cuisine, I decided to take a stab at cooking one of my go-to dishes (chicken fajitas) at home. I’m talking healthy and finger lickin’ Mexican food in less than 30 minutes. And I promise you won’t even notice you skipped the cheese and tortilla chips!
- Chicken tenderloins
- Red, yellow, and orange bell peppers
- Whole wheat tortillas
- Taco sauce or hot sauce
-Salt, garlic powder, chili powder, and cumin for seasoning
1. Spray two non-stick skillets with olive oil cooking spray
2. Sautee the onions and bell peppers in one pan
3. Season your chicken and cook it in the other pan
4. While these two items are cooking, I make homemade pico de gallo. Cut up onions, tomatoes, and cilantro. Then add lime juice, salt, and pepper, adding avocado if you wish
5. Combine the cooked chicken and peppers/onions into one dish
6. Microwave one whole wheat tortilla for 45 seconds, split it in half (so you feel like you’re eating two!)
7. Fill the tortilla with the chicken, pepper, and onion mix
8. Top it off with pico de gallo or guacamole
9. Add a dash of taco sauce or hot sauce to taste
Happy eating! Let me know what you think!
Our 2012 Weight Loss Diary writer, Yasmin, is a 32-year-old web content producer who is looking to get healthy and love her body! Follow along on her year-long weight loss journey!