Hi! My name is Beth Blair, and I’m ecstatic to kick off 2013 as SHAPE’s new weight loss diarist. I’ll be sharing my journey with you each month in the magazine and here on the blog.
My goal is to drop 30 pounds—and keep it off for good. I’m confident I can do it with the help of my team of experts: There’s my personal trainer, Tomery Stolz (a former hockey player!) and my nutritionist Lauren Blaue, both from Life Time Fitness here in Eagan, MN, plus my life coach, Kate Larsen.
I hope you’ll come along with me on my journey (I need all the support I can get!). I invite you to post your comments below and connect with me on Twitter @ShapeWLDiary.
After chatting with my experts, I came up with the following additional goals to help me reach my 30-pound target:
- Let go of my obsession with the number on the scale and instead take note of how my body feels and my clothes fit.
- Start thinking of food as an opportunity to fuel my body for health and weight loss.
- Follow my intuition as I design my new life and make healthy choices.
- Keep a daily schedule in order to keep my life balanced and organized and to ensure exercise is a priority.
- Step out of my comfort zone by taking on new, fun challenges throughout the year.
Today I’m showing my commitment to getting healthy by participating in the Life Time Fitness Commitment Day 5K. With the temperatures in the teens here in Minnesota, you know I must be dedicated if I’m willing to run outside in this blustery weather!
What are your New Year’s resolutions?