It used to be that if I needed to throw together a dinner fast, I'd call up a delivery guy. But now I have a few dishes in my repertoire that can be on the table in under 30 minutes. One of my favorites is tilapia with sweet potatoes and green beans. Here's how I make it for my family:
- Take out 3 pieces of tilapia from the freezer (I keep mine stocked with individually wrapped fillets) and thaw them under warm running water for 10 minutes. Or, if you think of it ahead of time, you can move them to the fridge in the morning to defrost.
- Preheat the oven to 400° F. Use a knife to pierce a few sweet potatoes and pop them in the microwave for 10 minutes.
- Pat the fish dry with a paper towel. Brush with olive oil, sprinkle with Old Bay seasoning, and bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Wrap cooked sweet potatoes in a towel to keep them warm and throw some green beans into the microwave for 5 minutes (I buy the ones that can cook right in the bag).
- Quickly sauté the beans in a hot pan with a little olive oil, a teaspoon of minced garlic, a squeeze of lemon, and salt and pepper.