Stay Motivated to Workout this Weekend
You’ve probably been hitting the gym extra hard and monitoring your diet a little more closely leading up to Memorial Day weekend and the reveal of your bikini body this year. You may even have plans to keep up your fitness routine over the long weekend but, speaking from experience, good intentions are often washed away by a glass or two of sangria, a second scoop of potato salad and that first visit from the ice cream man. But if you don’t want chasing said ice cream man to be the most exercise you get all weekend let your man (or your new summer fling) be your motivation!
To keep things light and fun for the holiday here are a few quirky facts we gathered from our annual sex survey with Men’s Fitness to keep you motivated all weekend long—they do say vacation sex is the best! Read on for a fun, fit, and frisky weekend!
- 77% of women say exercising makes them feel less self-conscious about their body
- 62% of women say regular exercise gives them the confidence to be more adventurous in bed
- 55% of men say the butt is his favorite part of the female body; abs came in with just 8% of the male vote
- 36% of women spend most of their time at the gym working their abs. Maybe it’s time to cut back on crunches and squat it out? Or try our brand new short-shorts workout!
- More than 50% of women report being aroused immediately after a sweat session
- 30 minutes of sex burns approximately 140 calories. BONUS: you’ll burn 20 more if you orgasm
Happy Memorial Day weekend! Hope you feel confident in—and out of your bikini!
As an editor at SHAPE I have the chance to learn about the healthiest ways to cook, eat, and live from all sorts of experts but I’m also a single girl living in NYC with a busy schedule, active social life, and chocolate cravings. I’m here to share what works for me—and where I need a little help from you.