10 Fun Fitness Facts with Laura Prepon
2012 is already looking to be a great year for former That ‘70s Show beauty Laura Prepon. Channeling her racy and risqué inner comedienne, she currently stars as Chelsea Handler in NBC’s much buzzed about sitcom, Are You There, Chelsea?.
If that’s not enough, the feisty girl-next-door also has a cool new flick, Lay the Favorite with Bruce Willis and Catherine Zeta-Jones, premiering at the Sundance Film Festival next week.
With all her years in the biz, there’s no question that whether she’s rockin’ bell-bottoms or sportin’ killer heels, the versatile actress lights up the big and small screen with her quick-witted personality and charismatic charm.
That’s why we were excited when the down-to-earth, long and lean blonde (with amazing legs that don’t quit) shared with us 10 fun fitness secrets. Read on for more!
1. She loves spinning classes with Andrea Lawent at Made in LA Fitness. “Her night classes are so great!” Prepon says. “She turns off all the lights, puts on candles and plays incredible rock music so you get into the zone…you forget you’re working out and it’s just awesome.”
2. She runs with her 135 lb. dog. “He’s huge and has the perfect gait for me since I have long legs,” the actress reveals. “We’ll go running together and it’s a great workout for both of us.”
3. She’s obsessed with New Balance’s Vibram barefoot shoes. “They’re so incredible! I’ve been running with them a lot lately,” the spunky star says.
4. She’s an extremely healthy eater. “I eat super clean and am always watching what I eat,” the tenacious TV star admits. “I always have really fresh, hormone-free, additive-free chicken, healthy veggies and brown rice in the fridge to grab because I’m always on the go.”
5. She loves all things coconut. “I’m cooking a lot with coconut oil right now, and I also love coconut water,” Prepon says.
6. She works out every day. “I’m the type of person that will do triple sessions in one day,” the tall thespian reveals. “I’ll do Pilates, I’ll do spinning, and then I’ll go to the gym and do weights —which is insane.”
7. She’s the former Queen-of-Fad-Diets. “The worst diets are ones that restrict your calories too much and try to trick your body. You have no energy and it’s ridiculous,” Prepon says. “Really smart eating programs like the Zone are so much better because you’re fueling your body right. You have to stay healthy and take care of yourself long-term.”
8. She’s not a fan of stretching or Bikram Yoga. “I tried Bikram Yoga once…I literally walked in and 5 minutes later I walked out! It was just not my thing,” Prepon admits.
9. She just started a new program with fitness expert Jason Ferruggia. “So far, I really love it!” Prepon boasts. “It’s a program where you’re eating more throughout the day to build metabolism – he’s all about how the body evolves.”
10. Her fitness role models are Nicole Kidman and Gwyneth Paltrow. “I love long, lean ballerina type bodies, but I can also totally appreciate strong, healthy, gorgeous shapes like Jessica Biel and Evangeline Lilly,” she says.
Catch Laura Prepon starring in Are You There, Chelsea?, Wednesdays on NBC at 8:30/7:30c.
About Kristen Aldridge
Kristen Aldridge lends her pop culture expertise to ! as host of "omg! NOW." Receiving millions of hits per day, the hugely popular daily entertainment news program is one of the most-watched on the web. As a seasoned entertainment journalist, pop culture expert, fashion addict and lover of all things creative, she is founder of positivelycelebrity.com and recently launched her own celeb-inspired fashion line and . Connect with Kristen to talk all things celebrity via Twitter and Facebook, or visit her official website.