Q: If you only had six to eight weeks to prepare a client for a movie role, Victoria's Secret photoshoot, or the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition, what are the top five things you would focus on?
You can use your keyboard to see the next slide ( ← previous, → next)
Nutrition is the most important factor in improving body composition. That's why one of the first things I do is refer my clients to industry experts such as Dr. Mike Roussell (You may know him as SHAPE's Diet Doctor) or Dr. Brooke Kalanick. I let them do what they do best so that I can focus on what I do best—designing highly effective strength and conditioning programs and coaching. That said, here are five must-follow rules to help anyone dial in their nutrition:
- Eliminate processed foods
- Eat a high-quality lean protein source at every meal
- Include a large quantity of high-fiber veggies with your meals
- Include good sources of fat like avocado, nuts and/or seeds, and Omega 3's
- Drink 2-3 liters of water a day, more on days you work out