A true Hollywood icon of femininity, Marilyn Monroe may be best known for her signature beauty mark and voluptuous curves, but we know her for something else: her confidence. After seeing a few of these never-been-released early photos of Monroe taken before she became a huge star, there's no doubt that Monroe's best beauty accessory of all was her attitude. Read on for her most inspiring girl-power quotes!
Best Marilyn Monroe Quotes That Are Inspirational
1. "Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring." The lesson here? Be you, and be heard.
2. "Give a girl the right shoes, and she can conquer the world." She was talking about running shoes, right?
3. "Ever notice how 'What the hell?' is always the right answer?" Think of this one the next time a friend asks you to try a new group exercise class or sign up for a race with her.
4. "We are all of us stars, and we deserve to twinkle." Amen, Marilyn!
5. "Women who seek to be equal with men lack ambition." Now that's girl power!
Jennipher Walters is the CEO and co-founder of the healthy living websites FitBottomedGirls.com and FitBottomedMamas.com. A certified personal trainer, lifestyle and weight management coach and group exercise instructor, she also holds an MA in health journalism and regularly writes about all things fitness and wellness for various online publications.