Everybody needs a support group in their life. But what do you do when you don't have one? Maybe your friends and family aren't supportive of your goals, or maybe you just don't feel you have all the resources you need for your get-healthy journey. When that's the case, it might be beneficial to turn to an online support group. With the advent of social media networks like Facebook and Twitter, it's easier than ever to connect to people who share your same interests, passions and healthy living goals. That's why we're excited to unveil the newest in our social media arsenal, SHAPE magazine's Google+ page!
"The advantage of Google+ over other social media networks is the circles," nutritionist Cynthia Sass says. "Numerous studies show that both healthy and unhealthy behaviors are contagious, because we tend to gravitate to what our friends are doing."
We love that the circles in Google+ allow you to share information with only the people whom you want to see it. That way, you can avoid the unhealthy pictures of junk food that some friends are posting and you can share your inspirational fitness quotes or delicious healthy meals with the people who you know will appreciate it.
New to Google+? No problem! Check out some of our favorite Google+ pages, and don't forget to follow us!
1. Jillian Michaels. Michaels' page is constantly updated with the latest and greatest in fitness trends and news. Love her!
2. Fitsugar. FitSugar provides great advice on healthy living, fitness and food.
3. P90X. The people behind Insanity and P90X + have a Google+ page! We can't wait to see what they have in store for us next.
4. Lululemon. For all the yogis out there, this is the page for you!
5. The Northface. No matter what you need, The Northface has you covered when it comes to fitness gear!