SHAPE and Rock 'n' Roll Marathon are hosting an expert running chat on Thursday, September 12 at 3 to 4 p.m. ET. (You can join the chat here!) We are excited to have exercise physiologist and author Tom Holland and SHAPE's Resident Runner Maggie Van Buskirk joining us to answer your running and training-related questions. Tweet @shape_magazine with the hashtag #Runcation for the chance to win a free entry to the Las Vegas Rock 'n' Roll Marathon or Half-Marathon, plus other prizes from the Rock 'n' Roll team. Check out the full rules below, mark your calendar, and send us your questions for a chance to win! Can't wait to get started? Check out the #Runcation landing page and join the conversation now.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. ELIGIBILITY: This Sweepstakes is open to individual legal residents of the continental United States of America who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry. Directors, officers, shareholders, employees, and agents of Sponsor, as well as directors, officers, shareholders, employees, and agents of advertising and/or promotional partners and agencies of Sponsor, and the immediate families (spouse, parents, children, siblings, and their spouses) of each of the foregoing, are not eligible. Void outside of the continental United States of America and where prohibited by law.
2. SPONSOR: The Sponsor of the “SHAPE/#Runcation Tweetaway 2013″ (“Sweepstakes”) is American Media, Inc. (“Sponsor”), 4 New York Plaza, 2nd Floor, New York, NY 10004.
3. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The Sweepstakes begins on September 9, 2013 at 6:00 P.M. (ET) on and ends on September 13, 2013 at 11:59 P.M. (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
4. ENTRY: Sign in to your Twitter account. If you do not have an account, visit www.twitter.com to create one. Twitter accounts are free. All terms and conditions of Twitter.com apply. Once logged into your Twitter account, follow the links and instructions to become a follower of @shape_magazine.
Join the discussion at shape.com/runcation at 3:00 P.M. (ET) on September 12, 2013 using the #Runcation hashtag. Submit a question or comment using the #Runcation hashtag at any time during the Sweepstakes Period via twitter or on shape.com/runcation. All entries must be made via Twitter. No other form of entry is permitted and will not be accepted. All entries must be received during the Sweepstakes Period.
Entrant is responsible for all fees charged by any Internet Service Provider. Upon their receipt, entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Entries are void if received through illegitimate channels or if they are the result of fraud.
5. PRIZE WINNER SELECTION: On or about September 16, 2013, Sponsor will choose the winners by random drawing from among all eligible entries. On or about September 16, 2013 Sponsor will attempt to notify the winners by direct message on Twitter. Any prize notification that is returned as undeliverable, is otherwise unsuccessful, or is not accepted via email or telephone within 24 hours will result in disqualification, and Sponsor may select an alternate winner. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries. Only the prizes set forth below will be awarded. In no event will Sponsor award more prizes than are provided for in these Official Rules.
One Grand Prize:
The Winner of the “SHAPE/#Runcation Tweetaway″ package receives the following prize:
• One free entry to the Las Vegas Rock 'n' Roll Marathon [$180 value]
Runner-Up Prizes: five (20) runner-ups
• A Las Vegas Rock 'n' Roll Marathon t-shirt [$15 value] Approximate Retail Value of Prizes: $480.00.
Gift cards subject to terms and conditions thereon. Prize winners are responsible for all expenses not listed in these rules and for payment of any applicable federal, state, and/or local taxes. Prize winner is also responsible for compliance with any applicable federal, state, and/or local laws and/or regulations. Prize is not transferable. Cash redemption, exchange or substitution is not allowed except at the sole discretion of Sponsor. Sponsor may substitute a prize of equal or greater value for any prize that is not available for any reason.
7. HOW TO CLAIM PRIZE: Sweepstakes winners may be required to sign and return to Sponsor an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Release and, where legal, a Publicity Release, and, if so, all required documents must be signed and returned to Sponsor within seven days of the date Sponsor sends them to winner. By accepting the prize, the winner grants permission to the Sponsor to use his or her name and/or photographs, likenesses, voices, any statement by winner, and biographical information for publicity and promotional purposes without further compensation unless prohibited by law.
8. ADDITIONAL TERMS: This Sweepstakes is governed by the laws of New York. By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants agree that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded, will be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards will be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses
9. WINNERS LIST: For a winners list, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Sponsor. All requests must be received by September 12, 2013. Residents of Vermont may omit return postage.
10. RELEASE: By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to release, discharge and hold harmless Sponsor and its subsidiaries and affiliates, its advertising and promotion agencies, and their directors, officers, shareholders, employees and/or agents, from and against any and all claims, damages, liability, losses, and expenses arising out of this Sweepstakes or acceptance, use, or misuse of any prize received in this Sweepstakes. Entrants agree that no claim relating to such claims, damages, liability, losses, and expenses will be asserted against the Sponsor, any of its subsidiaries or affiliates, or their respective directors, officers, shareholders, employees and/or agents. By accepting a prize, winners agrees to release and hold the Sponsor harmless from any and all claims, damages, liability, losses, and expenses and actions of any kind resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize, including without limitation, personal injuries, death, and property damage. Winner assumes liability for injuries caused or claimed to be caused by participating in the Sweepstakes, or by the acceptance, possession or use of any prize.
12. CONDUCT: By entering this Sweepstakes entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules. Entrants further agree to be bound by the decisions of the Sponsor which will be final and binding in all respects. The Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual found to be tampering with the entry process; to be acting in violation of the Official Rules; or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
13. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: The Sponsor and participating promotional agencies (and the subsidiaries and affiliates of each) are not in any way responsible or liable for damage, loss, or injury resulting from altered, late, lost, damaged, misdirected, or illegible entries, or telephone, computer, online or technical malfunctions (including busy lines and disconnections), or acceptance and use of a prize or travel in connection with such prize. The Sponsor is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information utilized in the Sweepstakes or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of entries in the Sweepstakes. The Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, or delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries. The Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of e-mail on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site or combination thereof, including injury or damage to entrants or to any other person’s computer related or resulting from participation or downloading materials in this Sweepstakes. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Sweepstakes. Is Sponsor does so, Sponsor will award the prizes in a random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the Sweepstakes termination and will post notice of the termination on its Twitter feed.