5. CrossFit-Inspired Cardio
Even if you can't make it to a "box" near you, this CrossFit-inspired cardio quickie will challenge your whole body and have you sweating buckets. It's so simple, you don't even need a chart to follow.
How it works: Do 2 sets of the circuit below, performing as many reps as possible (AMRAP) in 1 minute for each exercise.
1. Squats: Stand tall with feet shoulder-width apart, arms straight out in front of your body at shoulder level. Lower body as far down as you can by pushing hips back and bending knees. Pause, then slowly push back up to starting position. Repeat until 1 minute is up, keeping weight on heels, not toes, for the entire movement.
2. Bear crawl: Kneel on the ground on all fours, then lift knees. Keeping knees bent, move left foot and hand forward, then step forward with the right foot and hand to complete 1 step.
3. Pushups: Place hands slightly wider than and in line with shoulders on the floor, feet hip width. Slowly lower body until your chest nearly touches the ground. Pause at the bottom, and then push back up to the starting position as quickly as possible.
4. Sit-ups: Lie faceup on the floor with knees bent and feet flat. Place fingertips behind ears. Raise torso to a sitting position. The movement should be fluid, not jerky. Slowly lower torso back to the starting position, keeping elbows in line with body the entire time.
5. Burpees: Stand with feet shoulder-width apart, then squat and put hands on floor in front of feet. Hop feet back, then forward again. Jump up, catching air and raising hands overhead. Land softly and immediately repeat by lowering into a squat. Continue for 1 minute. (Add a pushup while you're in plank pose for more of a challenge.)
Calories burned: 115, based on a 140-pound woman, and may vary depending on fitness level, weight, and body composition.