1. You have a favorite treadmill/yoga ball/stretching spot, etc.
And you get weirdly protective of it. If someone else is on it, there might be a throwdown.
2. You re-wear dirty gym clothes when it's almost laundry day.
If it's a choice between 1) going to the gym and re-wearing dirty stuff (you didn't sweat that much at yoga last week) or 2) not going to the gym, you wear the stinky clothes.
3. You've declined happy hour because, obviously, you have a date with yourself at the gym.
4. But if you make any plans for after your workout, you're almost always late. You pretend to feel bad, but...
Time basically doesn't exist when you're working out. It's not your fault you were in the zone.
5. You've stopped pursuing a date you kind of liked because you found out they don't work out...at all.
It's a lifestyle. It's a religion. If they don't practice it, it won't work out.
6. And you've ruled out any dates that have incredibly horrible gym etiquette.
Leaving dumb bells everywhere? Just imagine the other terrible things they might do.
7. Which means you do a lot of potential date stalking at the gym.
...Or you're at least scouting them out at every workout.
8. You spend more money on gym clothes and shoes than you do on anything else (except food).
Who cares if I wear the same thing to work every day? My gym outfits are on point.
9. And since you look so good, you obviously check yourself out in every. single. mirror you pass while working out.
That's why they're there, right? Plus, you have to closely monitor your progress.
10. Either you Snapchat, Instagram, or Facebook post about the gym way too much...
The social media fitness community is legit. You're just connecting with your people. Why not share what you love?
11. ...Or you hate people that do that with a passion.
You're here every damn day, and the only social media evidence is your banging bod. Yes, there's such a thing as too much sharing. (Also, humblebrag, much?)
12. And you get withdrawal symptoms after only one day off.
Including gym FOMO and serious guilt trips.
13. So on days when you have zero plans...you might as well go twice.
It's either that or continue sitting on the couch. Might as well go back to the gym.